Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exporting Gmail to Outlook
Hello Everyone,
After spending more time than I've wanted going through all tutorial documents and talking with the Google experts I'm wanting to see what your take may be on this annoying situation. Google advises this is a known issue and I must be patient and (of course) wait on Microsoft to address the issue.

After setting my Gmail account up to allow it to export my e-mail account to my Windows Outlook program, I've nothing more to show but an e-mail coming directly from Microsoft stating that it's testing my Outlook settings.

This email from MS leads me to think that I've successfully accomplished the process of adding the account to my Outlook program. The only problem now is that there is NO added account to my Outlook program???

The workaround to this problem for me has been to go to the gmail account and to forward the email address from gmail to my outlook email address.

This is cumbersome and does not allow for the features that the complete account being added to my Outlook program provides.

My question is this: are you aware of this MS Outlook issue? Do you know of anything that can correct this issue? In past version of Outlook it was a simple matter of adding an account but now there is no joy? I'm interested in your response.

Thank you.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

what you looking for is to add more the one email account at the same time?

then use an Email   Client

https://www.emclient.com/em-client-with-g-suite

https://www.emclient.com/em-with-outlook

I was hoping to resolve my Outlook issue. Do you know about the Outlook/gmail issue?

https://www.lifewire.com/setup-gmail-in-outlook-4588066

make you have all them setting correctly

I have confirmed and re-confirmed my settings (via the setup instructions you offered) and still the outlook account won't add the additional email account.

I'm not clearly understanding your reply typos?
I'm currently in the process getting the Em Client to add my account for the time being it reads "this operation my take some time to complete" 15 minute wait so far.

sorry about that normally reply very fast without looking back over

did you try adding additional using TLS in outlook?

did you get to add Email with outlook or Em Client?

(03-13-2019, 09:51 PM)Compton Wrote:  did you get to add Email with outlook or  Em Client?

Hi Compton, thanks for your inquiry. Answer to both questions is no. Outlook will not regardless of video/online tutorials I've watched and implemented add an additional email account. Em Client would not activate properly. I'm currently involved in the MS Evaluation update program. I've updated to the most recent Eval update. I don't really see how that would affect this type of thing but, just thought I'd provide that info just in case.

The one thing that MS Outlook does successfully process is allowing gmail account to be forwarded to outlook platform. Not my favorite option but it does move the desired Gmail e-mails to the Outlook platform.

what antivirus do you use?

do you use any firewall?

(03-14-2019, 05:56 PM)Compton Wrote:  what antivirus do you use?

do you use any firewall?

I use Malware-bytes Premium for antivirus, Windows defender for firewall.