Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Windows Repair Toolbox
Hi guys, I've just released version 3.0.0.6 of WRT. The only purpose of this update was to reduce the size of program package. This was done by replacing Notepad++ (used to edit the custom.xml file in the "Custom Tools" tab) with ATPad, a smaller editor. With this replacement it was possible to reduce the size of the package from 4.16 MB to 2.56 MB, without loosing any functionalities. Thank you.

Amazing! Good job Alex and thanks a bunch for the hard work on the tool.
Tim's Computer Repair (TCR) 
1503 Kings Way, Savannah, GA 31406, US
912-220-0765
https://www.TimsComputerFix.net 

(07-10-2018, 03:18 AM)Timster Wrote:  Amazing! Good job Alex and thanks a bunch for the hard work on the tool.

No problem, my pleasure.

Hi everyone, I've just released version 3.0.0.7. Here's what's changed:

- Refactored the code behind the download and execution of the tools, in order to reduce the dependency and number of calls to the definitions file.

- The file "Windows_Repair_Toolbox (fast start, no monitors).bat", that is in the same directory as Windows_Repair_Toolbox.exe and that starts WRT in a fail-safe mode, can now be executed from UNC paths.

- Adapted the download of "FastCopy" to the changes in the packaging of that application that were brought by its latest version, released yesterday (version 3.52). WRT automates all the steps that are now required to use that program as a portable application.

- Replaced "Webroot System Analyzer" with "Kaspersky System Checker" ("Diagnosis" button, in the "Useful Tools" section; and "Analysis" button, in the "Final Tests" tab), because this last one offers a more comprehensive diagnosis / analysis of the system.

Thank you!

Good job Alex. Looking good!
912-220-0765

Hi all, version 3.0.0.8 of Windows Repair Toolbox has just been released:

- Added a search box to the "Custom Tools" tab.

- Removed "AOMEI" and "Malwarebytes", and added "Don't Sleep" and "Dr.Web CureIt!".
All the tools included in the toolbox are now portable.

- Fixed: the "Fahrenheit" setting wasn't being saved in the portable version of WRT - after closing and opening the program it would go back to Celsius.

- Fixed: the tooltips of the "Diagnosis" and the "Report" buttons.

Thank you!

Interesting change up removing Malwarebytes.
912-220-0765

(07-29-2018, 03:34 PM)Timster Wrote:  Interesting change up removing Malwarebytes.

Hey Tim,

Malwarebytes and AOMEI have always been exceptions, since they aren't portable/standalone applications. I think that the Malware Removal section is still pretty complete though. Regarding AOMEI, I think that most people prefer to run their imaging/cloning software from a bootable media anyway. So I took the opportunity to remove these last two non portable programs from the toolbox.

(07-30-2018, 10:58 AM)AlexCa Wrote:  
(07-29-2018, 03:34 PM)Timster Wrote:  Interesting change up removing Malwarebytes.

Hey Tim,

Malwarebytes and AOMEI have always been exceptions, since they aren't portable/standalone applications. I think that the Malware Removal section is still pretty complete though. Regarding AOMEI, I think that most people prefer to run their imaging/cloning software from a bootable media anyway. So I took the opportunity to remove these last two non portable programs from the toolbox.

Understandable. Can always add what you want in custom tools.
912-220-0765

Hello everyone, I've just released version 3.0.0.9 of WRT. Here's what's changed.

Added:
- The +info label will now inform if Bitlocker is protecting the system volume [Windows 7 and higher, and limited to the editions where Bitlocker is available].

- Added some keyboard actions meant to make the utilization easier in some parts of the program. E.g.: "Enter" key in the "Custom tools" listbox will execute the selected program, "Escape" key will return the focus to the search box, "Down arrow" will change the focus from the search box to the listbox, and more.

- A Changelog for the current version of the program is now available from the "About" tab (by clicking the version number).

Changed:
- In the "Final Tests" tab, the "SSL Test" has been replaced with an "Email" test. This will open the program that is set as the default email client on the computer (if any). If it succeeds, and if an email account is configured, it will give the option to send an email to an echo mailer service ([Image: echo_univie.ac.at.png] at the University of Vienna), in order to test if it's sending and receiving.

Fixed:
- There will be far fewer cases where the +info label will present the information: "Could not retrieve more information about the drive".
What was happening is that the "Could not retrieve more information about the drive" message was shown even when only one information was missing. Now the program will individualize what is not available (by stating "[Information not available]"), and will still display the rest of the information, as shown below:

[Image: info.jpg]

- Many times the program could not determine whether the computer was using BIOS or UEFI, and therefore would not display that information. That should now be an exceptional occurrence.

- The "Reset to Defaults" button wasn't restoring the default "Hide About tab" setting, nor restoring the exhibition of the temperature from Fahrenheit to Celsius.

- The "DrWeb" download wasn't deleting the previous version of the program when downloading a newer one.

Several other minor improvements and fixes.

Thank you.