Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Windows Repair Toolbox
Thanks for the update

(03-24-2019, 12:02 PM)Compton Wrote:  Thanks for the update

You are very welcome. If you have suggestions to improve or bugs to report, just let me known.

(03-07-2015, 12:23 PM)AlexCa Wrote:  Hello Britec,

i'm the author of Windows Repair Toolbox, thank you a lot for reviewing my program! I feel quite honored since i'm a long time viewer of your tutorials and reviews. The program is still quite young and all the feedback is needed and very much welcome!

Regarding the unattended fix feature, in this moment it doesn't work the way you explained in the review. The unattended fix button will run:
- Don't sleep (to prevent the computer from suspend)
- TDSS Killer;
- Vipre Rescue Scanner;
- Microsoft Safety Scanner;
- Emsisoft Emergency Kit;
- Ccleaner;
- Windows Repair AIO (optional, from settings)
- Defraggler (quick defrag, optional, from settings)

The checkboxes are a way for the user and other people that might be working in fixing in the same machine (like in a workbench), to keep track of what tools have already been executed.

From the settings it's possible to choose between smart scan (that will run the quick scans of the above anti-malware applications) and full (that will run the full scans). It's also possible to configure a email account where to receive a email containing the logs as soon as the process ends, provided that there's an internet connection.

Options to allow further customization of the tool and in particular of the unattended fix are in my to do list.

Thank you very much!

Any update on new features?

(03-27-2019, 02:46 PM)Champion Wrote:  
(03-07-2015, 12:23 PM)AlexCa Wrote:  Hello Britec,

i'm the author of Windows Repair Toolbox, thank you a lot for reviewing my program! I feel quite honored since i'm a long time viewer of your tutorials and reviews. The program is still quite young and all the feedback is needed and very much welcome!

Regarding the unattended fix feature, in this moment it doesn't work the way you explained in the review. The unattended fix button will run:
- Don't sleep (to prevent the computer from suspend)
- TDSS Killer;
- Vipre Rescue Scanner;
- Microsoft Safety Scanner;
- Emsisoft Emergency Kit;
- Ccleaner;
- Windows Repair AIO (optional, from settings)
- Defraggler (quick defrag, optional, from settings)

The checkboxes are a way for the user and other people that might be working in fixing in the same machine (like in a workbench), to keep track of what tools have already been executed.

From the settings it's possible to choose between smart scan (that will run the quick scans of the above anti-malware applications) and full (that will run the full scans). It's also possible to configure a email account where to receive a email containing the logs as soon as the process ends, provided that there's an internet connection.

Options to allow further customization of the tool and in particular of the unattended fix are in my to do list.

Thank you very much!

Any update on new features?

Hi Champion, thank you for your interest. That post is from 2015, and doesn't reflect how that functionality currently works (now the user selects the checkboxes of the tools he wants to run, and click the "Run Unattended" in the end). A lot have changed since then, and I've released a new version a few of days ago: https://briteccomputers.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=682&pid=32968#pid32968

Hello everyone, I've just released version 3.0.1.8 of Windows Repair Toolbox. Here’s what has changed:

### Added

- Improved high-DPI support (for instance, the program will no longer look blurry when the DPI is set to 150%, like is common to see on some modern laptops).

- When a new version of Windows Repair Toolbox is available, the program is now able to auto-update while keeping user customizations. It will no longer ask you to go to the website to download the new version.

### Changed

- When setting a startup password for WRT, you will be asked you to enter it twice (in order to prevent typos).

- If you insert the wrong password when entering WRT, the program will no longer close itself (it was annoying having to re-open it).

- Improvements to the "Clear Downloads" function.

- Several other minor improvements.

### Fixed

- If Vipre Rescue was configured to run a full scan (instead of the default quick scan), the "Run Unattended" process would return an error when trying to put together the resulting logs.

As always, if you have suggestions to improve the program, or bugs to report, please let me know.

Thank you!

yep youre welcome
looks like improved good job

Hello everyone, I've just released version 3.0.1.9 of Windows Repair Toolbox. Here’s what has changed:

### Added

- Added Sysinternals "Process Monitor" to the "Useful Tools" section.

- Added "Webroot System Analyzer" to the "Final Tests" tab, replacing "Kaspersky System Checker". It's the button named "Quick Check".

### Changed

- Replaced the ".AVI" test with the ".MP4" test, in the "Final Tests" section.

### Removed

- Removed "Kaspersky System Checker". Even though this tool has been officially discontinued last year, it was still receiving updates until very recently. Now it seems that it has been definitely put down (the download link stopped working).

Thank you.

I've just released another version (3.0.2.0) of Windows Repair Toolbox in order to address two bugs I've found meanwhile.

###Fixed
- Due to a change in the way the program "CloneApp" (in the "Backup & Recovery" section) is zipped, WRT was no longer being able to run it.
- The program "Don't Sleep" (in the "Useful Tools" section) wasn't running on 32-bits Windows versions.

I'm sorry for the successive update. Thank you.

Hi all, I've just released version 2.0.2.1 of Windows Repair Toolbox. Here's what's changed:

### Added
- Added a link to NoMoreRansom.org, in the "Malware Removal" tab.

### Changed
- The "Email where you wish to receive the log", in the "Settings" tab, is now a saved setting. This means that it will not be deleted after a program restart, and that it will also be exported when you use the "Backup" functionality, or when you upgrade Windows Repair Toolbox using the built-in functionality.

- Centered the "Update All" settings and the "Set password" window in relation to the Windows Repair Toolbox main window and not in relation to the screen.

### Fixed
- If new tools where introduced in a new version of Windows Repair Toolbox, after upgrading to that new version (using the built-in upgrade mechanism), the "Update All" settings would not save the settings regarding those new tools.

- It was possible to open more than one "Update All" settings window at the same time.

Important note regarding Emsisoft Emergency Kit:
There's currently a bug with Emsisoft Emergency Kit (un-related to Windows Repair Toolbox), that makes it very difficult to delete the folder it creates after being used. Consequently, Windows Repair Toolbox cannot delete it too. When you click the "Clear Downloads" button in the "Settings" tab, you'll receive an error related to "epp.sys". You will also not be able to delete it manually, not even after a computer restart.

I've reported this and has been confirmed by Emsisoft in their forum and also through their (great, btw) support: https://support.emsisoft.com/topic/31738-solved-cannot-delete-eek-folder-eppsys/

If this happens to you (a circumstance where it will not happen, is if the epp.sys driver is already loaded on a system), these are the steps to follow:

1 - Run cmd as administrator;

2 - type sc stop epp and press Enter;

3 - type sc delete epp and press Enter;

4 - Restart the computer (if running Windows 10 make sure to choose "Restart" and not "Shutdown")

5 - delete the EEK folder.

As always, if you have suggestions to improve the program, or bugs to report, please let me know.

Thank you!

Hello everyone, I've just released version 2.0.2.3 of Windows Repair Toolbox.

This release fixes and improves several things already exiting in the software (no new functionalities so) and changes the target framework of the project to .NET Framework 4.5. This was necessary since, through the time, lots of websites stopped supporting TLS 1.0.

Windows XP and Vista are no longer supported. Windows XP doesn't support .NET 4.5. Windows Vista supports it but doesn't support TLS 1.2 by default. There was also a crescent number of programs in the toolbox that would no longer work in those OS's.

Here's what's changed:

### Fixed
- An "Access Denied" message would be shown while closing WRT if Windows Repair AIO tray icon was active.

- The Microsoft Safety Scanner download, in the "Malware Removal" tab, would frequently fail.

- Several other internal improvements and fixes.

### Changed
- WRT now targets .NET Framework 4.5, to support TLS 1.2.

- In the "Malware Removal" tab, replaced Zemana with Malwarebytes.

- Updated the CPU temperature monitor.

### Removed
- Removed support for Windows XP and Windows Vista.

Thank you!