Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Bootable USB Help
Gentlemen I have a question, is it possible to make a bootable USB with Windows 8.1 to operate with, not just the installer, but actually run the OS?

I just couldn't seem to find the right Tutorial if indeed there is one, I tried WinToFlash but when I tried to write to USB it says not activated, I have the Genuine key just don't know where to use it. I don't even know if I can do this, if so can you give me some insight. TY in advance G'day Mates
[Image: ykVBGU.jpg]

ok you want to create a live windows 8.1 environment

that you can play around with before installing it ?

I don,t think you can do that with windows 7 and up

I don't like using WinToFlash for createing a windows installation usb

you can follow my guide using how to write a ISO to a USB drive with image USB

or you can use rufus

(07-08-2015, 03:10 PM)Compton Wrote:  ok you want to create a live windows 8.1 environment  

that you can play around with before installing it ?

I don,t think  you can do that with windows 7 and up

I don't like using WinToFlash  for createing a windows installation usb

you can follow my guide using    how to write a ISO to a USB drive with image USB

or you can use  rufus

TY I will give it a try
[Image: ykVBGU.jpg]

You can make a multiboot USB drive containing 100's of bootable ISOs and WinToGo (Live full windows) with my Easy2Boot project.
There are also many Tutorials on the RMPrepUSB website.

(07-08-2015, 02:53 PM)cromeo68 Wrote:  Gentlemen I have a question,  is it possible to make a bootable USB with Windows 8.1 to operate with, not just the installer, but actually run the OS?

I just couldn't seem to find the right Tutorial if indeed there is one, I tried WinToFlash but when I tried to write to USB it says not activated, I have the Genuine key just don't know where to use it.  I don't even know if I can do this, if so can you give me some insight. TY in advance              G'day  Mates
If I understand you correctly you can download the ISO onto a USB from here: Welcome to Microsoft Software Recovery  There is a Windows download tool (the link says for Windows 7 but it is also for Windows 8)

Okay,My system is an old one. I have a 1.2MHz AMD processor; 2.5 Gig of Memory. A SATA Raid card with a SATA ASUS CD-ROM drive. and a standard IDE CD Drive. My OS is Microsoft WIndows XP (SP3) .
Yesterday I watched a YouTube video where Brit demonstrated at least six Anti-Virus/Malware products. Kaspersky Rescue 10, Malwarebytes version 2.0; Hitman Pro; Eset Rescue; Dr. Web Cureit! and Bitdefender. I have Malwarebytes installed on my system but am forced to use a previous version because each time I am prompted to download the newer version I get an installation/application error 0x000001d. I also downloaded Hitman Pro used it but this software didn't find anything in its scan.
I downloaded and burned an ISO copy of Kaspersky Rwescue 10 but it will not boot on my system. I*t's a good copy because I tested it on my wife's PC and it worked fine.
As far as ESET Rescue, I downloaded an ISO copy of this software and burned it to a CD. This is the only CD that will run when I boot my system.
I also downloaded a USB download of Dr. Web Curit! and installed it on my flash drive. Yet, I am not able to get this software to run. My system freezes up and I have to reboot. Oh yes, I also downloaded a CD/DVD copy of Dr.WebCurit! But the CD will not play when I boot my system. I am experiencing identical issues with the copy Bitdefender.I downloaded from their site.
In addition to BitDefencer, I also downloaded Bitdefender Anti-Virus software,which is basically Avast 2015. But since I already had Avast Anti-Virus 2015 installed, I attempted to run the program to see why my system frequently locks up or freezes if there is no activity. Avast locked up shortly after I initiated a Smart Scan and I had to reboot.
Now, as the gentlemen who was experiencing USB boot issues, does anyone have any ideas why ESET Rescue will self-boot and run as it should and all the others won't.?

Hi Mainman can you create a new thread for your issue as it differs from OP's and is considered "jacking" a thread.

Thank You.