Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
how to speed up your computer boot time
I leave the pagefile at 1500 minimum and 5000 max

But unless your motherboard supports 16gb of ram or more you wont see a real performance boost.

Ssds are good but a good gpu would be the upgrade id go for before any of it if possible.

But if you feel like tweaking the registry, visually and the feel of it these tweaks work pretty good but better after a clean install of windows.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\PriorityControl]
"Win32PrioritySeparation"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Executive]
"AdditionalCriticalWorkerThreads"=dword:00000010

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management]
"DisablePagingExecutive"=dword:00000001
"LargeSystemCache"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Parameters]
"MaxThreadsPerQueue"=dword:00000010

Maxthreadperqueue and additionalcriticalworkerthread go together so make sure both values are the same.

Win32PrioritySeperation=0 balances out your system to where what ever background and foreground need the cpu will get done faster but you can always set the value to 26 if you dont like it set to 0.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Executive]
"AdditionalCriticalWorkerThreads"=dword:00000010

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Parameters]
"MaxThreadsPerQueue"=dword:00000010

As long as you have the irq of your realtime clock/cmos or high presision event timer listed in your system information/msinfo32
Irq8priority believe it or not helps a little bit in boosting the launch of applications but i haven't tried using irq8priority with the tweaks above but i have used it before.

Note: doing the five tweaks i listed above need to be made in a sequence not all at once. Make sure to backup your system or at least your important files. Also benchmarks im not sure but the feel of the tweaks applied are nice for me.

Messages In This Thread
RE: how to speed up your computer boot time - smirk24 - 02-07-2019, 05:45 AM