Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows 8.1 Sound Problems Maybe to Software Related Issues
Edited by Admin
Hello, I need some help. I'm having a very frustrating problem with the sound on my computer.

I've had this specific Windows Computer that I got back in June 2012 (or about three years ago and it is my only computer). It came with Windows 8 pre-installed and I upgraded it to Windows 8.1 somewhere around a year and a half ago. I have an an Intel graphics card and and Intel CPU card (I don't know the specific name of the CPU card however). The model of my computer is a Dell Insprion 3520 if you'd like to know (and it's black on the outside NOT PINK).

"Why give Hardware specifics?" You might ask. Well..... I don't know if my problem is a hardware one or a software  one. I put software as the forum choice because my sounds seems to go out when a program that has to do with audio crashes. Let me explain.

So, When I use a program like OBS (Open Broadcaster Software) or Banicam (both are recording software that record your computer sounds and your monitor), it will sometimes crash. When those programs crash, my sound on my computer stops working all together. For example, if OBS crashes and then I  go on YouTube, the video won't play at all. Even if a program like Audicity won't even load on my computer, the sounds in my computer will stop working if it crashes.

Sometimes, the sound in my computer won't work when I unplug my headphones or I will switch my default Playback device from Headphones to Speaker and back to Headphones.

Sometimes though, Sound Mixer won't load nor won't the options to switch my Playback devices or Switch my Recording devices (if you know know what "Playback devices" are or "Recording Devices", right click the sound icon to the bottom right of computer monitor and the two options I mentioned, "Playback devices" and "Recording devices" will appear. If you click one of the two, it will bring up a window. That window won't load when the sound in my computer shuts off).

This issue has been becoming more often to about four or five times a day. If the sound on my computer shuts off, I reset my computer and the sound on my computer works again, so I think it's a software problem (then again, I don't know).

I don't even know what causes these programs to crash in the first place. If someone could help me fix my problem, it'd be very helpful.

If someone could please help me fix my problem, I'd make my day. Please help me.  Sad
-MooLovesPancakes

first of all you should not post your email address on here

you are asking for a world of spam

you should also remove your youtube channel it has nothing to do with your post

please post your specs

https://briteccomputers.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=665

Moo I have edited your post to not request responses on your YouTube channel and email. You can allow users to contact you through email with your User Control Panel Settings. You have been warned.

Along with posting your system specs please check and be sure you have the latest sound drivers for your sound card or motherboard from the manufacturers website.
Tim's Computer Repair (TCR) 
1503 Kings Way, Savannah, GA 31406, US
912-220-0765
https://www.TimsComputerFix.net