Backing up your files with Acronis True Image 2016
Backing up your data has never been easier with Acronis True Image 2016. The golden rule of computing has always been backup, backup, backup. Following this golden rule will protect data files such as Documents, Photos, Music, Downloads and Video files. We are not backing up the entire computer partition, we are just backing up specific files and folders and then saving them to one of the many store types available to us today.
- Acronis Cloud is an option for storing your data on the cloud.
- Local Storage is a great option if you need access to these files all the time. This could be an external hard drive or USB flash drive or some other type of storage device you keep locally and is always connected to the computer.
- Network Storage is great for businesses who have many users who need to access that backed up data source. This could be a Nas Drive or Server where you store all your data.
- Other Cloud Storage like OneDrive or Dropbox are also an option and there is many others just like these that you could use to store your data.
Some Features of Acronis True Image 2016
- Can restore your data from a non-bootable computer.
- Acronis Includes may forms of backup options, full, incremental and differential.
- Acronis can mount backup files and act just like a disk drive.
- Create bootable rescue media.
- Encrypt all your backups with 256-bit encryption and a private user key.
- Universal Restore can restore data, applications and operating system to existing or new computer.
To back up files and folders:
- Start Acronis True Image 2016.
- Once open, on the left sidebar, click Backup tab.
- Click the Backup Entire Computericon or Add Backup, and then select Files and folders option.
- Now select files and folders by adding check-mark in boxes for files and folders that you want to back up, once done click OK.
- Click the Backup destination icon, and then select a destination for backup:
- Acronis Cloud – You will need to sign in to your Acronis account, and then click OK.
- External Drive – Plug in external drive to your computer and select it from the list.
- Browse—Select a destination from the folder tree.Click Options.
- If you want to setup incremental and differential backups.
- Click Backup now if you just want to back up without setting up a backup schedule.