Britec Tech Support Forum
what do you use for an on demand scanner? - Printable Version

+- Britec Tech Support Forum (https://briteccomputers.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Computer Security (https://briteccomputers.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=50)
+--- Forum: Security, Viruses, Trojans & Malware Removal (https://briteccomputers.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=30)
+--- Thread: what do you use for an on demand scanner? (/showthread.php?tid=3285)

Pages: 1 2

what do you use for an on demand scanner? - Britec - 04-05-2017

what do you use for an on demand scanner?

Today anti-virus programs isn't sufficient enough protection in my opinion so what do you guys use?  I like Malwarebytes AntiMalware and Zemana AntiMalware. But I still like to run FRST first to help remove stubborn and hard to find malware.

RE: what do you use for an on demand scanner? - GuiltySpark - 04-05-2017

I tend to use a whole host of different ones many of which are bootable isos Avira, BitDefender, WinDefenderOffline. Then there are the in system ones MBAM, SAS, FRST, GMER, DDS, and more depending on the issue(s).

RE: what do you use for an on demand scanner? - Compton - 04-05-2017

ya its depending on how bad the  system is infected  

for my demand scanner malwarebytes

1. Zemana AntiMalware
  2. adwcleaner
  3. hitman Pro
  4. junkware removal tool

RE: what do you use for an on demand scanner? - Partha - 04-05-2017

Zemana Antimalware anytime if you ask me

RE: what do you use for an on demand scanner? - LarryTheComputerGuy - 04-05-2017

I use Emsisoft Anti-Malware and Malwarebytes. I have also been using Malwarebytes Toolset for technicians.

RE: what do you use for an on demand scanner? - Timster - 04-07-2017

I like:
*Kasperski
*HitmanPro
*Zemana
*Malwarebytes
*ADWcleaner
*JRT
Then have a quick look through FRST logs.

RE: what do you use for an on demand scanner? - RichTech - 04-11-2017

I use many different types of them to make sure that the system if fully clean, but generally I use these:
  • Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
  • HitmanPro
  • AdwCleaner
  • JRT
  • FRST
  • ESET Online Scanner
  • TDSSKiller
  • Zemana Antimalware

RE: what do you use for an on demand scanner? - t6bill - 04-11-2017

I like Malwarebytes, first choice. SuperAntiSpyware and HitmanPro round out my list of favorites. After I have run all 3, I know that PC is probably good to go.

RE: what do you use for an on demand scanner? - Daisy sassy - 06-13-2017

I will generally say that if you need anything to clean up your Apple, lets face it, high chances are that you've been a pretty bad boy/girl well because in my opinion, they don't get infected easily, but on the other side this is slowly changing. I have cleaned up the few infected system that I have encountered using AdwareMedic.

RE: what do you use for an on demand scanner? - bhringer - 07-02-2017

Along with FRST I sometimes run RKill then Zemana, MBAM and RogueKiller. ZHPCleaner sometimes finds remnants, after that it just depends on what has been detected and removed, may just move on to Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool, TDSSKiller, GMER and ESET Online.