Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My internet connection with my modem is disconnected more then connected
Alright ive been having to call my isp due to my internet connection due to my modem disconnecting so much i mean it could be blue skys all through the sky and with just my smart tv accessing the internet my modem disconnects numerous times daily.

So when i call my isp i tell them my situation and whats going which their instructions (i pretty much have all there instructions memorized) which plays as such
1. Disconnect the power from the modem for 30 seconds.

2. Go to the configuration webpage for your modem then select the advanced tab and select connection settings.

3. After entering connection settings make sure the isp type is set to pppoe and then type in the user and password info the tech provides me with.

And if it doesnt work they send out a tech which the tech verifies the problem described to him and then the tech looks at the connection cables for the internet and usually comes back in and checks to see if the connection works and if not the tech goes back outside tampers with the internet cables outside well once the connection is "fixed" the tech leaves and like clock work the internet connection goes right back to not working.

And for some reason the credentials for the isps connection type always changes to automatic.

Hopefully i explained enough for you guys to help me out some how.

few questions

is it a router and a modem all in one?

have you added any new device to the network recently?

if you use Ethernet is it disconnecting?

when did the problem start happening?

(10-18-2017, 09:10 PM)Compton Wrote:  few questions

is it a router and a modem all in one?

have you added any new device to the network recently?

if you use Ethernet is it disconnecting?

when did the problem start happening?

My isp calls it a modem that frontier provided that is model:f2250

Yeah there was a kindle added last month sometime but on the modem config page it shows 5 devices.

The full modem disconnects. Theres a power light,dsl line 1 light ,dsl line 2light ,internet light,wifi light, and 4 lights that when in use indicate an ethernet connection. And usually the disconnection starts with dsl line 2 starts flashing and is supposed to be a solid green, then ends up with both dsl line one and 2 a solid red and completely no internet.

The problems been going on for years which is why i basically have the whole frontier tech process down lol

Connect An Ethernet cable directly from Modem/Router to a device. Making sure the cable is of good quality if you lose connection its either in the Modem/Router or on your ISP side of the connection. Report back.
WannaBeGeek

(10-18-2017, 11:43 PM)Double clutch Wrote:  Connect An Ethernet cable directly from Modem/Router to a device. Making sure the cable is of good quality if you lose connection its either in the Modem/Router or on your ISP side of the connection. Report back.

I have 1 computer which isnt always turned on but connects to the internet via ethernet cable and the other are wifi but not turned on all at once but at separate times

Hey Smirk exactly what do you mean by "disconnected internet"? Do your web pages simply time out or do you get a message saying "no internet connection"? Does your network status icon down by your clock get a yellow exclamation point or a red X?
Tim's Computer Repair (TCR) 
1503 Kings Way, Savannah, GA 31406, US
912-220-0765
https://www.TimsComputerFix.net 

(10-19-2017, 04:16 AM)Timster Wrote:  Hey Smirk exactly what do you mean by "disconnected internet"? Do your web pages simply time out or do you get a message saying "no internet connection"? Does your network status icon down by your clock get a yellow exclamation point or a red X?

The icon indicator for the tray shows a red x.

My internet service is "Simply Broadband Ultra" and the modem i was provided with by my isp has 2 dsl lines that combine and give me 12mbps. So lets say both dsl lines are split in half(dsl line 1 has 6mbps and dsl line 2 has 6mbps) evenly to provide the full 12mbps well on the modem underneath the power light has dsl line 1 and underneath dsl line 1 is dsl line 2. Now both dsl line 1 and dsl line 2 have light indicators next to each line that light up a solid green that shows me that both lines are nsync but at random times day or night both dsl lines are a solid red which indicates neither dsl line is nsync/up and running.

If the techs they send, are able to fix the problem whenever it occurs, it has to be an issue your isp needs to deal with

Even if it's the modem setup or the setup of the cables, it's their responsibility in either of the cases

(10-19-2017, 04:02 AM)smirk24 Wrote:  
(10-18-2017, 11:43 PM)Double clutch Wrote:  Connect An Ethernet cable directly from Modem/Router to a device. Making sure the cable is of good quality if you lose connection its either in the Modem/Router or on your ISP side of the connection. Report back.

I have 1 computer which isnt always turned on but connects to the internet via ethernet cable and the other are wifi but not turned on all at once but at separate times

So with what you just told me the problem lies on your ISP side meaning from the Modem/Router out of your house is their problem and they need to address it as such. Don't stop calling sooner or later they will come and do the job they were supposed to do in the first place and that is fixe your connection problem either by replacing your Modem/Router or the wires that are so old that they cant do the job your paying for. End of Rant.
WannaBeGeek

(10-19-2017, 09:23 AM)Double clutch Wrote:  
(10-19-2017, 04:02 AM)smirk24 Wrote:  
(10-18-2017, 11:43 PM)Double clutch Wrote:  Connect An Ethernet cable directly from Modem/Router to a device. Making sure the cable is of good quality if you lose connection its either in the Modem/Router or on your ISP side of the connection. Report back.

So with what you just told me the problem lies on your ISP side meaning from the Modem/Router out of your house is their problem and they need to address it as such. Don't stop calling sooner or later they will come and do the job they were supposed to do in the first place and that is fixe your connection problem either by replacing your Modem/Router or the wires that are so old that they cant do the job your paying for. End of Rant.

Yeah its been years that this issue has been happening for and countless times that my isp has sent their techs to my house which almost has me thinking they know how to fix the problem but then if the problems fixed they have one less job to do to get paid.
Dont get me wrong i know being a tech is difficult but my isp is very odd