Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Avast vs best free alternative anti virus
Please i would like to know what is best free anti virus beside Avast? Because of Avast is really really high impact startup

(02-21-2019, 06:59 AM)WinXPto10 Wrote:  Please i would like to know what is best free anti virus beside Avast? Because of Avast is really really high impact startup

WinXPti10:

I have used AVAST myself on windows PC's, most recently, on a windows7 machine. You are right: Avast seems to take a lot of resources and you have to shut down their "product updater" or what happens is that Avast will see everything you have installed, and ask you if you want to UPDATE the applications to the newest versions.

I would recommend the following:

1. Windows Defender for Windows 10 daily use
2. Malwarebytes Antimalware (Latest Version) for on-demand scanning
3. an Emergency Recovery Disc, that has the ability to scan and repair windows, scan for, detect and deal with viruses and malware and the like
4. A WINPE iso - so that if windows does not boot, you can still boot to the PE's tools and possibly save files and repair problems.

You could also add Hirens Boot CD and Kaspersky Antivirus Rescue CD Version 10 to the mix: Brian has made lots of videos that talk about making these multiboot Pendrives. I have used RMPrepUsb and Easy2boot to create a stick that has Everything BUT Malwarebytes - I used a 128 Gig PNY Pen Drive to do that Smile

Good Luck!!

Brian B.
Brian S. Baker
Linux Enthusiast /Computer Consultant At Large/ "The Wizkid"
System Admin: buddy-baker.us
buddy-baker.us

yes i am using latest version Avast