Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do I gain root access on my computer?
Question 

Hello, it's been a while!

I would like to start this thread by saying that I am unsure of whether or not this is a subject considered "risky" or just shouldn't be looked into for legal reasons. If it is, then please feel free to let me know and/or lock the thread.

For the past day or so, I have been doing research into how I can gain access to not only specific files and folders on my computer, but everything, even the files or folders that would normally deny access, system level stuff. I am basically looking to gain the same level of access that the OS itself has, or Microsoft. I want to gain this level of access for two reasons, one is that I am currently building my own gaming PC and I would like to be able to tweak it how I want it. The second reason is that I often have this weird problem where the computer will deny me access to save to a folder that I should normally be able to save to. I have looked further into this problem by looking at videos on YouTube but to no avail. I know that opening the command prompt and typing wmic does give the user root access, but it is only temporary access. I am not 100% sure on this, but it also seems risky because the OS could possibly have safeguards in place to stop this.

If anybody is able to give me any tips about gaining this level of access, or tips about the ever annoying save permission problem I would very much appreciate it.

Thank you for reading! Smile

And here it is!
[Image: Tower.jpg]
[Image: Tower-Side.jpg]
[Image: Info-Screen.jpg]

There is a hidden administrator account, built into Windows 10.
This isn't an account, that should be used on a daily basis.
The built-in administrator account has a lot more privileges, than a regular administrator account.
These privileges can easily get you into trouble if used regularly.
I recommend, only enabling the built-in administrator account. If you're certain you need it to troubleshoot a specific problem.
Being sure to disable it when you are done.
If you’re unsure whether you need it, you probably shouldn’t use it at all.

With that said. Below are the instructions, about how to enable/disable this account.

Open a command prompt in administrator mode.
Type the following command:

Code:
net user administrator /active:yes

A message will display, that the command completed successfully.
Log out, and you should see the administrator account as a choice.

Note: There isn't a password set for this account.

To disable the built-in administrator account.

Make sure you're logged on, using your regular user account.  
Open command prompt as administrator.
Type the following command:

Code:
net user administrator /active:no

The administrator account should now be disabled, and shouldn’t show at login any longer.

Thank you for the info, I figured out how to enable the administrator account.