Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ejecting USB External Drive in Windows 10
Hello Brian,

I use Acronis True Image 2020 to create a backup of my C: Drive monthly. I create the backup on a USB external drive and after completing the backup I click on the icon to "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media". Then a window pops up stating "This device is currently in use. Close any programs or windows that might be using this device, then try again".

Nothing appears to be using the device because the light glows steady. Maybe something from Acronis is still accessing the drive? I've tried all of the workarounds I found online but nothing seems to allow safely removing the external drive. Even restarting Windows has no effect. The only options are to shut the machine down, or switch the drive off. The system is running Windows 10 version 20H2. I see several posts online in forums indicating that this is a common on going problem with Windows. If you have a solution, a short video would help many users I am certain. Thanks for all you do to educate and help Windows users. I enjoy all of your YouTube videos and your sage advice.

Regards,
Geo from MI, USA