The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 861 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 861 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Clean install of Windows 8.1 on Lenovo
Exclamation 
Hi, I am trying to do a clean install of windows 8.1 on a Lenove b50-30 with a new hard drive, I have done this many times on lots of laptops with no problems at all, on this laptop, I get asked for a product key.
The laptop cam with windows 8.1 core pre installed and I am using the 8.1 oem disc.
I have tested on another b50-30 and get the exact same problem, I have also tested on a b50-70 and it works.
Huh
Has anyone ever had this?
I have tryed extracting the key from the BIOS and entering it but it didn't work, just FYI, on the working b50-70 I extracted the BIOS key with msdn and it was different from the windows key using magic jelly bean.
I have done the key with jelly bean in the past fine but the hard drive is dead on this laptop so that is not an option
I've tryed lots of BIOS settings like secure boot, legacy, compatibility etc with no joy
I tryed cloning the other lenovo drive but it wont activate, (may have copied windows key from working laptop)
I tryed installing with generic key then removing key and entering BIOS key and that failed
I also called microsoft with the BIOS product key and they said it was for 8.1 core
Confused

HEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLP!

Messages In This Thread
Clean install of Windows 8.1 on Lenovo - 64z - 08-23-2015, 06:12 AM