The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 861 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 861 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Updates Failed After Cleaning An Infection & After Clearing Update Cache
Earlier this week, I had to completely reset my Windows 8.1 pc due to problems with Windows Update. The reset process went fine & all that. Once I was to my desktop for the 1st time, I decided to do a scan with Hitman pro to be sure everything was fine. It came up with something recommending I delete it & I did. (I don't really remember what it was that it found.) Also, I was rather suspicious as I noticed someone else's network drive showed up on my pc when I was in a public wi-fi area several days ago. I had it removed since it was not mine. Since a few days ago, I've made a few changes to my system: I had McAfee LiveSafe Internet Security completely uninstalled before switching to Emsisoft Internet Security. Plus, I added SuperAntiSpyware just for extra protection. It's done very well. On the 1st scan I did with Emsisoft, it only found a few registry items detected as malware & I had them removed. Just today, I completely cleared my update cache before installing updates as I hadn't done it yet. The 1st 2 updates installed fine, but after trying to get a few more installed, I got windows update error codes 80200056 & 800F0922. It has me completely baffled as to why I got both these errors. I did scans with RogueKiller, AdwCleaner, Hitman Pro, Malwarebytes, etc. & nothing has come up. If some Administrator could help me out, that would be great! (I live in the U.S.A. & I'm on central standard time.) If you have any questions, or need any details, contact me or let me know!

Kyle L. Jennings

Messages In This Thread
Updates Failed After Cleaning An Infection & After Clearing Update Cache - Kyle Jennings - 09-26-2015, 12:04 AM