Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you know if a laptop motherboard is dead?
Big Grin 
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone knows a diagnostic check to determine if a laptop motherboard is dead? And am I right in saying that you can only buy second-hand replacement motherboards for laptops from places like eBay etc? Unless anyone knows where you can get some brand new in the UK?

Thanks

Pretty much if you have disconnected everything from the motherboard but only leaving the cpu heatsink and fan, power button and display attached. You also have to be using one stick of known good ram and try that stick in all slots. Be sre you have also cleared cmos and you are getting proper power and amperage from your power brick. If the motherboard does not post after this then you can bet the board is bad. If the motherboard happens to have a cpu that is removable from the socket then you have to entertain trying a known good cpu also.

I am not familliar with any direct from manufacturer outlets available in UK for new parts.
Tim's Computer Repair (TCR) 
1503 Kings Way, Savannah, GA 31406, US
912-220-0765
https://www.TimsComputerFix.net 

To add to the last part of Tims reply...

Even manufacturer authorized repair locations are supplied with refurbished motherboards.
L.S. Computer Systems
807 East Broadway
Hopewell, VA. 23860, USA
+1 (804) 715-8185
https://www.lscomputersystems.com

you can also look for leaking capacitors on the motherboard any burn spots

Tim I like your reply it very bold what have you been watching bold and the beautiful LOL

(07-13-2017, 05:08 PM)Compton Wrote:  Tim I like your reply it very bold what have you been watching bold and the beautiful  LOL
@ Compton

LOL Partha Big Grin

Compton because of your jokes, you have become the worst villian, the joker lol
Now there is war Tongue

(07-13-2017, 06:03 PM)RECdevicehelper Wrote:  LOL Partha Big Grin

Compton because of your jokes, you have become the worst villian, the joker lol
Now there is war  Tongue
lolz

Nah guys no war I respect Tim too much, I sure it's likewise from Tim sometimes lol

its summer was just having a little bit of fun by pulling Tim's fingers

I am sure Tim Reply in that bold and the beautiful text LOL to see my reply

trust me guys don't want to start a war Brian will blow a head gas kit LOL