Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Net Neutrality vs Open DNS
only time will tell

iam going to discuss this with comcast's open chat support and see what response they will give me. because noone is willing to discuss within their forum.

All of the big ISP players are promising they won't milk the cow and make things difficult for users. But of course they are going to say that now until the law passes in their favor then watch what happens.
Tim's Computer Repair (TCR) 
1503 Kings Way, Savannah, GA 31406, US
912-220-0765
https://www.TimsComputerFix.net 

this year's holiday festivities will definately be very subdued. unless a miracle happens and net neutrality doesnt get approved for another year or more.

(12-04-2017, 05:36 PM)PrimeDirective64 Wrote:  this year's holiday festivities will definately be very subdued. unless a miracle happens and net neutrality doesnt get approved for another year or more.

Why? Do you really put that much reliance on internet use over the holidays?

Besides, throttling is least of your worries. DRM however, now that's something to worry about and that's already with us.

not worried about holiday usage. internet usage on a daily basis. iam already looking into ways to get some kind of vpn giveaway..like a lifetime license for vpn premium...just in case!

PrimeDirective64 that would be considered hacking at the end of the day if they feel like controlling your access they can

sometimes in life, you have to row with the punches and let things go

like I said using a vpn may be your best option for now

what hack? im not smart enough to hack. vpn would be used to unblock sites that have or might be blocked by isp . i wouldnt use vpn for nefarious ways.

yeah I read your question in the wrong context when you bypassing Comcast

I was thinking you wanted to hack your isp itself to unblock websites which was probably wrong

at this current time using a VPN would be the best way to unblock a website

I see you change your sentence from what you original said

no worries compton bro.  being blocked by your isp isnt nice. we'd lose all our cable channels and my net access. i lie in wait when december 14 comes and see if anything is amiss like my network speed and other factors

.jpg   network.JPG (Size: 22.65 KB / Downloads: 29)