Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dvd drive
i think my DVD drive is going to be dead soon https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1hW38QE7tusLXl5WGRwc21OXzg/view?usp=sharing

Maybe.

It can be difficult to tell exactly from that vid.
Does it happen with any CD / DVD? Sometimes certain discs just won't read and can give a clicking sound.

Have you removed the DVD drive and reseated it? Sometimes (on rare occasions) this can be a quick and easy cure to a non responsive disc.

If you've determined that the disc(s) are all working fine and they are not warped in any way and reseating the drive is giving the same problem then yes, it may be time for a new OD.

(07-15-2015, 12:45 PM)GuiltySpark Wrote:  Maybe.

It can be difficult to tell exactly from that vid.
Does it happen with any CD / DVD? Sometimes certain discs just won't read and can give a clicking sound.

Have you removed the DVD drive and reseated it? Sometimes (on rare occasions) this can be a quick and easy cure to a non responsive disc.

If you've determined that the disc(s) are all working fine and they are not warped in any way and reseating the drive is giving the same problem then yes, it may be time for a new OD.

I've tried that with all the disks i have and I've reseated the drive but nothing works. i think it's time to get this -> https://www.amazon.ca/WoneNice-caddy-9-5mm-Universal-DVD-ROM/dp/B004Y8SGXW/ref=pd_sim_147_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=135X69HK7S3JNKVV1867 and buy an external dvd drive

Yea that is one route to go and the advantage of having a external OD is you can use it on any of those horrible Netbooks if you need to fix them Smile

(07-15-2015, 12:56 PM)GuiltySpark Wrote:  Yea that is one route to go and the advantage of having a external OD is you can use it on any of those horrible Netbooks if you need to fix them Smile
like my acer aspire one d255

I hate Netbooks. It's no wonder they died a death, they're like electronic filo-faxes any one who had one of those just looked like a yuppie "cunning stunt" (rearrange to suit preference) LOL

(07-15-2015, 01:02 PM)GuiltySpark Wrote:  I hate Netbooks. It's no wonder they died a death, they're like electronic filo-faxes any one who had one of those just looked like a yuppie "cunning stunt" (rearrange to suit preference) LOL
and they have a limit to 2GB of ram. well... mine does

Take a guess how slow it is [Image: fZVtyEt.png]