Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Battery won't charge. Toshiba satellite a100
I have a toshiba satellite a100 which won't charge. It has windows 7 on it with 2gb ram and with a Intel processor. I bet that isn't useful for this case, but here's what wrong: I have to use a power cord connected for all times for the laptop to work. If I leave it like that for like 2 days the battery won't charge. On the battery icon, it says "1% charging" but it's not charging. Toshiba doesn't have great support so they didn't help me at all. The battery was working about a month ago but until hen it just won't charge. I'd appreciate if you guys would help me because I searched everywhere and no help.

sounds like a bad battery

you can get a battery here Laptop Battery for Toshiba Satellite A100

Hard to say at present. Could be a Dead Battery or it could be an issue with the Charging circuit on the MOBO, if it turns out to be the latter then you may as well buy a new laptop (it'll be cheaper).

Incidentally, that particular system does have a known history of battery / charging issues.
If you don't use the battery power (many people don't, myself included) you can just remove it and use the mains, I do this on my systems to save battery life but that's my preference.