Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Driver Updater
Hey Brian and to the Britec community, any good software to update my computer drivers?

I don.t like using Drivers updater programs

you should update your driver manual

(07-26-2015, 07:32 PM)Compton Wrote:  I don.t like using Drivers updater programs

you should update your driver manual

What do you mean? like going to their website? its very time consuming. But if you would, what would it be?

Anyone who has any recommendation?

yes going to website that the best way

if I had to pick one driver booster https://www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster.php

You should never use a third party app for updating drivers they're just a waste of resources and sometimes money.

Best is as Compton suggests and update directly as and when necessary.

All IObit products are Snake Oil. They will cause more harm than good over time.

If i had to choose, i will go to SlimDrivers. Anyway, best thing to do is manually.

(07-26-2015, 02:19 PM)denvercaluza Wrote:  Hey Brian and to the Britec community, any good software to update my computer drivers?

Like everybody said, do it manually. Some vendors have actually created smaller program that can go and check to notify you when an updated driver is released. It is becoming more and more available from other vendors.

I try to update my drivers twice a year.
Though if you are referring to the server OS (just in case) then major server vendors also release some auto updating software or CDs periodically that you could just place in your server and it can update all the drivers and firmware.

With that said, do not just update drivers, firmware is also just as important.

Do not use those third party driver updating tools. Especially free ones like the iobit. There is always a catch, free is not free. Wink