Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Windows 10 Product Key Activation Issue
Oh i see sorry , I think I need caffeine on tap today , I don't feel withi it at all , see the thing is I'm short in cash and just worried that I will have to shell out for new components , if ther hard drive shows up with no errors on it then , I do not know what possible hardware that could be wrong or indeed if it is a hardware issue as everything was fine until I switch off computer why it took its time installing updates . So am at a loss what to do , apart from try and format the hard drive but without using the recovery using the hbcd tool

It has just this minute finished the surface scan and no errors found

ok I think your hard drive is in good health

installing updates can take a very long that's normal

its probably not hardware it's just that your windows 8.1 got corrupted

and your recovery flash drive is probably corrupted also

clean installing windows 10 would probably be the best option

if need help with partitioning windows 10 just tell us

Thanks Compton ....my stress levels are through the roof to be honest , I wish there was some way to format the hard drive without the aid of windows and then reinstall

(08-14-2015, 05:41 PM)Heydon2015 Wrote:  Thanks Compton ....my stress levels are through the roof to be honest , I wish there was some way to format the hard drive without the aid of windows and then reinstall

I run child's life on my hard drive it states " windows cannot run checking on this volume because it is write protected " also get write protected when I try to refresh my PC

Child life ? so did you download the windows 10 iso ?

did you create a windows 10 usb installation

windows are great at formatting the hard drive when reinstalling windows

(08-14-2015, 08:39 PM)Compton Wrote:  Child life ? so did you download the  windows 10 iso ?

did you create a windows 10 usb installation

windows are great at formatting the hard drive when reinstalling windows

No sorry I ran chkdsk and got the message that the drive is write protected , when I select refresh PC it states that the drive with windows on is locked . Also as Brian stated earlier in this post that you cannot fresh install windows 10 using the ISO or media created windows 10 , I need to install windows 8.1 and then upgrade to windows ten , I'm pleased that it looks like there is not a problem with my systems hard drive as I was worried I'd need to spend a further £70.00 on a new hard drive , however I would like to avoid paying a computer tech , whose fee starts at £24.99 , my computer manufacturer gave me a recovery cd with windows 8.1 , I have seen on other forums where people who have had the same error have said that they need to buy another liecence to unlock the drive ....hopefully that's not going to be the case

try this Type chkdsk C: /f /r /x

ok you said that your computer manufacturer gave you a recovery disk

you can just use that did you read this How to Clean Install Windows 10

Hi Compton , yes I have tried that it then I get the error that says windows cannot perform fix as the disk is write protected , I honestly don't know where to go from here but I'm now certain that the hard disk has no bad sectors after running western digital's surface scan ...which took 4 hours ! To be expected though on a 2TB hard drive , I thought I was gonna be ok when earlier this Evening I tried reset PC ...it got to 45% then came up with the blue screen of death ....

I am sorry if I asking too many question

but trying to get a big picture of problem

you said you try refresh the pc did you try it from the recovery disk

No don't apologise , your not asking too many questions at all . I tried the usb and the recovery disk sent to me yesterday from my manufacturer here in the UK , Zoostorm , and I got the same blue screen of death , I regret that I rolled back my computer now instead of waiting to activate windows ten , but I was told by a Microsoft tech that I needed to roll back windows to 8.1 and then install the upgrade and then windows ten would work as I was worried that if I didn't activate windows would stop working , I guess I had my windows xp days hat on as I believe this happened with windows xp , unless you activated it it would stop working