Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
window 10 crash loop
Question 
This is a puzzle. I have upgraded to window 10 "32bit" from a clean install of win 7 32 bit. Has the subject say's the pc just crash at the first blue screen. At first i did think it was the wi-fi causing the problem but i have rolled that out. The pc work's just like any other window 10 upgrade if it has internet access. I have let window 10 start up to desktop then cut the internet the system jammed up with in a few minute's then just keep re-looping until i plug internet back in then after 1 or 2 loop's the system start up fine.? any help out there.?

Video 
sounds like a driver problem boot in safe mode see what will happen

Hi sasrob

I had a similar issue, my machine is a 7pro 32bit upgraded to 10 pro, but my issue was with the PC freezing, rather than crashing. Sometimes if I waited, it would come back to life, other times, it would crash, restart, and freeze again.

I did read an article (I think on Microsoft site) that there is an issue with AMD cards on a 32 bit machine, apparently Microsoft will be 'addressing' the issue in due course. So if your graphics card is AMD there could lie the issue.

i think Compton hit the nail on the head with a driver issue, the one thing I tried which 'sort of' helped me (ie the crashes/freezes are less frequent, instead of EVERY time I boot up the PC) I downloaded IO Bit Driver Booster 2 (not 3) and ran it, it scans your entire computer and shows you which drivers are out of date, the version of driver you have and the version of the latest driver available.

I must say the app is a very nice piece of kit, and it backs up your current drivers, then creates a restore point before downloading and installing the new drivers. There are no settings to adjust, no fiddling about, just press 'fix it' button and it's all completely automated. The program is free, but if you get a paid version, the downloads are super-fast and it unlocks some other features. I have used driver updating software in the past, and they can be very hit and miss, but IOBit's Driver Booster only downloads verified current drivers.

Brian May wish to do a video tutorial on this app as I think it's worth having, especially on older systems.
Hope this helps you out like it did me. Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Remember! You should exercise complete CTRL and you ALT to think carefully before you DELete stuff willy nilly.

it's a old nforce 4 chipset using a HD 7700 i did read AMD chipset are having more problems. The puzzle for me is why would it work when online but fail to start when it has no internet.? I have used safe mode and one thing i did see in device manger is the generic pnp display his got the yellow sign by it. The monitor is a old dell monitor but can that really cause a crash like this.? safe mode did start up fine.

On old system now. The dam nforce 4 pro lan was the problem. I did try boot up in safe mode with network and just crash so went into bio's disabled lan. Now working on wi-fi. it like the nforce lan was demanding to be used and blocking the usb wi-fi. That was a puzzle cause it was working when it was plugged in.

Sounds like you sorted it. It would have been interesting to know if the software I told you about (Driver Booster) would have found an updated driver for you and fixed your problem without the need to uninstall/remove your LAN.
Remember! You should exercise complete CTRL and you ALT to think carefully before you DELete stuff willy nilly.

so the problem is nforce 4 pro lan driver

you should try booting up to safe mode uninstall the nforce 4 pro lan driver in the device manager

then restart computer

I got a friend that own a local pc shop and he let me have a older network pci card. I have just block off the on-board. Cause this chipset was never supported on win 8 it will not be supported on win 10. I don't really use automatic driver programs i like to go straight to the manufacturers. EAPTCB i would recommend you run a threat scan with malwarebytes after you use that driver booster program.