Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dual boot windows 10 and 8.1
The disk management tool tells me i cant shrink my partition because there are files at the end of my partition

I dont see the column that you told me to click on to get to the msdn. am i blind?

If i can help it i dont want to downgrade to 8.1 for i like windows 10 but id just like to have my 8.1 key for i feel like its money down the drain but if there is no other way to recover my 8.1 key then ill have no choice but to down grade. i knew i should of backed up my 8.1 key before upgrading to windows 10.....

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

If you have no ASCII tab and therefore no MSDN tab then you are not using a OEM version of Windows.

Ok I see the issue.

In your first post you stated that you had already upgraded to Win10. This is the problem, the method I gave was for someone yet to upgrade.

You have jumped ahead earlier than method posted I asume through the standard Win Update - Upgrade process, this changes the original key.

Yep im assuming i lost my product key,i tried reinstalling 8.1 on the computer i upgraded on and it asked for a product key so i suppose we can close this thread and just incase someone tries upgrading from a different os to a new one make sure to back up your product key