Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help With Install
Hi guys , well yesterday my wife's company gave us 2 Dell Dimension 3100 desktop PC's but as they were in an office they was on a server and had no HDD's. So i wanted to use them for the kids to just browse the internet on and the odd CBBC game, so i thought no probs i will just whack in a couple of HDD's i have and install XP on them as they have the stickers on with the product key. My trouble is i cant seem to load an OS onto either one using a USB and CD. I used Dban to wipe the HDD's and that run from a USB no trouble but if i try with a bootable XP USb or CD it just gives me a blue screen with a stop error 0x0000007b. Is this due to a driver missing and if so does anyone know how to fix this as its driving me mad, i have no disk's for the PC only XP that i found online as a ISO it says it has the SATA drivers in it but it just wont work.

During the first phase of the Windows XP installation, Setup displays the following message at the bottom of the screen:
Press F6 if you have to install a third-party SCSI or RAID driver.
Press F6 and then follow the instructions to install a mass-storage device driver from your Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM). For additional information about using F6 to load an OEM device driver to support, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
314859 Limited OEM driver support is available with F6 during Windows XP Setup
To determine if your hard disk controller is compatible with Windows XP and to obtain information about drivers that are included on the Windows XP CD-ROM or that are available for download, see the latest Windows XP Hardware Compatibility List (HCL). For additional information about the latest Windows XP HCL, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

Stop error code 0x0000007B