Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Graphics Card Issue on Windows 10 pro
Hi There All,

I had a spare Graphics Card laying around "Gigabyte, Geforce GTX 750 Ti 2GB GDDR5" so I upgraded my spare PC which is running Windows 10 Pro, the only thing wrong is my PC will freeze then go to a black screen after a few minutes or even up to 30 minutes its ramdom and will stay that way till I reboot the PC and then it will keep doing it.

Now I upgraded all the drivers from the officail website for the card and made sure my PC was updated, it still happens!!!, the only way I can make it run right is to use the Microsoft basic drivers to run the card.

I have ran the card on the same hardware same PC, no changes other than the OS which I changed to Windows 8.1 and It runs fine without any issue's and with all the drivers updated aswell its fine.
Same if I run the same card and hardware on the same PC running Windows 7 Premium.

I just cant get the card to run on Windows 10 Pro on my machine for some reason, now some may say it won't run at all on Windows 10 Pro but all I want to know iscan I get it to run fine, I know the card is good as it runs on ohter Windows and ohter PC's but not running Windows 10 Pro.

Hope I've come across ok, any help on this would be great.

Lee

When you swapped video cards did you uninstall the video drivers before removing the old card? Even if it is a Nvidia card originally it is always a good idea to uninstall the video drivers before swapping cards.

If you can boot using the "basic drivers" as you stated go ahead and uninstall the video drivers and then download and run this tool. After that just reboot and install the latest drivers for your video card. Hope that clears up your problem
Tim's Computer Repair (TCR) 
1503 Kings Way, Savannah, GA 31406, US
912-220-0765
https://www.TimsComputerFix.net 

(09-30-2015, 03:21 PM)Timster Wrote:  When you swapped video cards did you uninstall the video drivers before removing the old card? Even if it is a Nvidia card originally it is always a good idea to uninstall the video drivers before swapping cards.

If you can boot using the "basic drivers" as you stated go ahead and uninstall the video drivers and then download and run this tool. After that just reboot and install the latest drivers for your video card. Hope that clears up your problem

Have tried what you suggested and it did not work Sad for what ever reason? it still does the same as described.

Is there anything else I could try maybe, I just don't understand it why that method did not work.

Thanks again.

Lee

Looks like you aren't the only one having this issue. The problem here was solved by replacing the video card.

Nvidia Forums
Tim's Computer Repair (TCR) 
1503 Kings Way, Savannah, GA 31406, US
912-220-0765
https://www.TimsComputerFix.net