Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AdwCleaner issue.
I decided to download this program on to this old WinXP machine to clear some junk from the firefox browser as I've been having a few minor complaints about it.

So I downloaed AdwCleaner and ran it. The program run properly and I unticked everything except things in the browser tab. When I clicked on the Clean button it froze. Eventually the program crashed. I also noticed the sound on my PC (windows) stopped working to.

So I rebooted the computer and the windows sounds came back on. I had forgot to turn off the anti-virus software when I ran it the first time. So disabled shields (I use Avast) and attempted to run AdwCleaner again. But the program just will not load up.

I get the windows crash message immediately after I tried to run the .exe file.

I've tried shutting the PC down and booting it back up again. No matter what I do that .exe will not run. Very strange.

Anyone have an idea why it won't run now?

Thanks in advance.

I am going to be honest with you windows XP is way out date

program will stop supporting windows XP

even if you can clean up windows xp just being online is a big security risk

(12-23-2015, 03:28 AM)Compton Wrote:  I am going to be honest with you windows XP is way out date

program will stop  supporting  windows XP

even if you can clean up windows xp just being online is a big security risk

I'm planning to buy a new computer very soon. I've had this one for many years, so its just a matter of saving what I need to so I can access it from my new computer. It makes it difficult when certain programs can't be run from an external hard drive.

I'm thinking the reason I wanted to use AdwCleaner is actually some stuff I have in the browser from a firefox extension. So I probably dont need to use it anyways lol. I guess I get anxious when things appear that I don't expect Smile

you can try this

Please download JRT by Thisisu and save the file to your desktop.
Temporary disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware protection - instructions here.

• Right-click on [Image: JRTbythisisu.png] icon and select [Image: RunAsAdmin.jpg] Run as Administrator to start the tool.
  • Follow the prompts and let this process run uninterrupted.
  • This scan can take a while, depending on your System specs.
  • Upon completion, a log (JRT.txt) will open on your desktop.

Please include the contents of that file in your reply.

Do not forget to re-enable your previously switched off protection software!
Please also manually reboot your machine after this procedure.