Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kaspersky continually blocking browsers
Exclamation 
As the title states my family is having some trouble with kaspersky.
My mother got a lenovo laptop and we installed kaspersky anti-virus onto it. We've used kaspersky before with no issue, this is the first system that its had this kind of issue with.
At first the two worked just fine together, but then one day my mom got an error saying that the computer was unable to connect to a windows service. It was maybe a couple days after this that google ceased to work. We took it to geeksquad, the computer was fixed and there was no issue.
But then it did it again.
Geeksquad fixed it again and took extra measures this time to try and resolve the issue.
But it happened again, and one more time we took it in to get it fixed.
But now that it's happened a fourth time mom understandably doesn't want to have to get it fixed anymore.

After the fixes from geeksquad chrome would work for a short time though it would be incredibly slow to load.
We no longer have the cannot connect to a windows service error. I believe that was solved the first time we took it in.
IE is the only browser that will work on it, we've tried to download other browsers to no avail.

From what Geeksquad told us that its kaspersky that's blocking it. I assume that we can set an exception in Kaspersky to allow it to run, but I don't know how.

I'm considering that this could possibly have to do with kaspersky's updates, perhaps we have to reset the exception to google each time kaspersky is updated?
But really all I can do is speculate. Does anyone know what's going on with it?

Edit: I'd also like to say that I hope this is the correct forum to post this in. If not i'm very sorry.

Kaspersky can be heavy  on your system

can you post your system specs How to Post Your System Specs in the Forums Using Speccy

I would just simply uninstall Kaspersky and then reinstall it. Something got corrupted along the way.
Tim's Computer Repair (TCR) 
1503 Kings Way, Savannah, GA 31406, US
912-220-0765
https://www.TimsComputerFix.net