Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AMD graphic card driver update issues.
Hi all,

I posted this on the AMD forum and got no reply back. So I was wondering if you guys had any ideas why this happens.

Quote:I am trying to update the graphics card AMD Radeon HD 7310 Graphics on an HP 655 Notebook PC. I run the AMD Gaming Evolved software and it says I need to update the driver to 15.30.1025.1001. So I click update and it takes me to an AMD page telling me to download Crimson Edition 15.12. So I do, and run it. It scans the computer and I hit install. Then at the end it tells me it hasn't installed Radeon software or the AMD driver.

I've tried installing this driver multiple times, including with my Avast anti-virus program switched off. I've ran the installer in admin mode. Nothing seems to fix this.

The reason I decided to update the drivers is because a friend was having this exact same issue on her laptop too (she has a gateway laptop). So what could be the issue?

In addition to what I posted there I've also tried to use windows update (I'm using windows 10) generally, and also right clicked on the graphics card entry in device manager and selected update driver. Both those places say the driver is up to date.

Even if there is a dispute with the driver version number, it still doesn't explain why the radeon software also won't install.

Anyone any ideas?

Ah good ol AMD drivers...

Try and run the AMD Clean Uninstall Utility and see if you can then install the latest drivers.
Tim's Computer Repair (TCR) 
1503 Kings Way, Savannah, GA 31406, US
912-220-0765
https://www.TimsComputerFix.net 

(01-04-2016, 02:57 PM)Timster Wrote:  Ah good ol AMD drivers...

Try and run the AMD Clean Uninstall Utility and see if you can then install the latest drivers.

Thanks for the reply mate.

Is there anyway to back up the old drivers before I clean them? I'm just nervous if I clean the current ones out that I won't be able to install the new ones Sad

(01-04-2016, 04:18 PM)BowdonUK Wrote:  
(01-04-2016, 02:57 PM)Timster Wrote:  Ah good ol AMD drivers...

Thanks for the reply mate.

Is there anyway to back up the old drivers before I clean them? I'm just nervous if I clean the current ones out that I won't be able to install the new ones  Sad

Just be sure to create a system restore point before proceeding. Let us know how it goes.
912-220-0765

As a side note I do not think you need to bother with the " AMD Gaming Evolved software" just download the latest AMD drivers from the AMD website "Catalyst Driver"
912-220-0765

Thanks for the advice guys. I'll look in to that. The purpose of me looking in to the graphics card was my friend's laptop kept overheating and shutting down. I'm now thinking it might be somethng to do with the new windows 10 update recently 1151 (I have a question about that but ill save it for another thread), and how it changes the settings in there prior to the update.

I just got a reply back to my question on the AMD forum. I'll post it here because I'm kinda restraining myself from typing something bad on the amd forum out of frustration lol.

Quote:What are the full system specifications of your laptop, including your CPU/APU?

If you are having trouble installing Crimson then the trick is to temporarily disable your Internet Connection and AntiVirus.

I've been around computers for quite a long time, though I dropped out of the problem solving thing some years ago. But really? What as the CPU/APU got to do with updating a driver and why that driver AND the radeon software won't install?

I can't believe that this admin guy is seriously talking about disabling internet connections to update a driver.

For the record on my main pc's I have Nvidia for graphics and the Intel chip. I didn't realise amd had fallen so far behind. For people who arent up to date with computers amd's are not the way to go. Ok, rant over Tongue

While AMD's Graphics chips are almost neck and neck with NVIDIA in terms of power, if a driver problem is to arise it is always with the AMD drivers.
912-220-0765