Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Win 7 Boot up issues
Good Day everyone,

I have a Windows 7 64 bit computer that had a virus on the system cause it to blue screen. I used Kaspersky Rescue Disk and removed the boot sector virus. But now when Windows attempts to reboot it is only showing (recovered) as the OS. Once I hit enter, windows trying to boot with the attempt at the splash screen but then stops and reboots and enters the Wiindows Boot Mode with 2 (recovered) as the OS. I hit F8 and stopped the auto reboot and now I am getting a blue screen with stop error0x0000007B.

Also, this computer has 2 hard drives that are mirrored raid 1.

Tried Hiren's Boot CD and none of the 2 hard drives are showing. AHHHH

Can anyone lend a hand?

Thanks in advance and thanks Brian for bringing the Forum back.

Cheers.

btw when Kaspersky Rescue Disk fround the malware what did you told Kaspersky Rescue Disk to with it and you will need a windows 7 dvd for this

(09-25-2014, 01:01 AM)nsm0220 Wrote:  btw when Kaspersky Rescue Disk fround the malware what did you told Kaspersky Rescue Disk to with it and you will need a windows 7 dvd for this

Thanks for the quite response.

A tech quarantine the viruses found. I do have a Windows 7 disk from Dell and an OEM Windows 7 disk.

Thanks

Mike

(09-25-2014, 02:25 AM)Mike12 Wrote:  
(09-25-2014, 01:01 AM)nsm0220 Wrote:  btw when Kaspersky Rescue Disk fround the malware what did you told Kaspersky Rescue Disk to with it and you will need a windows 7 dvd for this

A tech quarantine the viruses found.  I do have a Windows 7 disk from Dell and an OEM Windows 7 disk.

Thanks

Mike
what did that tech was thinking when he hit quarantine i mean that tech should have know that hitting quarantine on a infected windows file (in this case the boot sector) hitting quarantine on that file was going to make windows unbootable and an endless boots to go with it

(09-25-2014, 02:25 AM)Mike12 Wrote:  

A tech quarantine the viruses found.  I do have a Windows 7 disk from Dell and an OEM Windows 7 disk.

Thanks

Mike

now type in these Commands in Command Prompt when you go into your windows 7 dvd and hit Repair Your Computer then hit Command Prompt

bootrec /fixMBR
bootrec /fixBoot
bootrec /rebuildBCD

now type in these Commands in Command Prompt when you go into your windows 7 dvd and hit Repair Your Computer then hit Command Prompt

bootrec /fixMBR
bootrec /fixBoot
bootrec /rebuildBCD
[/quote]

Ok, thanks..

Did the above measures.

The operation completed successfully on the first 2. The rebuild came back with total identified windows installations: 0
The operation completed successfully.

Shouldn't there be an installation?

What to do next please and thanks

Mike

Ok..

fixed one problem... No it lists the windows installations as 1. When I try and add installation to boot list, it states requested system device cannot be found.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

FIXED.

Completed the above tasks. Went into Bios and the Sata Operation was changed from the raid configuration to ahci configuration. Changed to default which brought it back to Raid. No boot up. Completed the above tasks again, then windows startup repair from the DVD. Then up and running.

Thanks for the help.

MIKE

(09-25-2014, 05:31 PM)Mike12 Wrote:  Ok..

fixed one problem... No it lists the windows installations as 1.  When I try and add installation to boot list,  it states requested system device cannot be found.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

FIXED.

Completed the above tasks.  Went into Bios and the Sata Operation was changed from the raid configuration to ahci configuration.  Changed to default which brought it back to Raid.  No boot up.  Completed the above tasks again, then windows startup repair from the DVD.  Then up and running.

Thanks for the help.

MIKE
is it fixed now

Well..

Brought it back to the Desktop now I have to run more virus scans. Getting 10 more viruses coming up.

I will keep you posted.

Thanks for asking.

MIKE

What's saying you have 10 virus's?

(09-25-2014, 11:36 PM)GuiltySpark Wrote:  What's saying you have 10 virus's?

Viruses have been removed. When I try to create a restore point it says c: drive not found???? I have done eset, mwb, hitmanpro, tsk, junkremoval, roguekiller etc. and rebooted numerous times.

Any idea why this would show up??

Thanks,

mike