Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WIN 10 DOWNLOADS AND EXECUTABLES
I have had a problem downloading progs / apps - it would be appreciated if you could clarify the exact folder(s) / file used for Downloads and Installation. Downloads appear to be in two areas: File Explorer / Downloads and   c:/ Users / 'my name'.
Program VLC - does NOT appear in either of the download folders  -  it does appear in C:/ Windows / Program File X86 ( I did not intervene in download target folder.) The program DOES appear in START Menu and I have Pinned it to desktop.
Program KINDLE e-Reader -exe does appear in both Download folders. After running the exe it does NOT appear in a Program Folder. I have Pinned it to the START menu.
Program MALWAREBYTES - does appear in both Download folders - it does appear in Program Files X86  - it does appear in START menu and it it Pinned to desktop however, when I Run it I get the msg: 'Do you want this app to make changes.'
Program AdwCleaner - does appear in both Download folders - ODDLY, it also appears at the top of the /Windows folder (not in Program)? ALSO, there is NO exe, only five text docs. I have attempted to run the exe several times and it automatically OPENS.  But it is NOT in the Start Menu nor All Apps.
DESKTOP folder = Empty however, there are two shortcuts?
Is it usual for Apps / Progs to end up in Program Files unless Target folder is stipulated?
Thank you for your patience.