Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgrade Question
Hi guys,

I'm in the process of trying to upgrade a graphics card in an old-ish PC. I have tried finding the answer to this question but to no avail - what is the best graphics card i can upgrade to for my motherboard?

I have included some information and hope that someone can point me to a GPU that will fit the bill.

Additional Information

I have upgraded the PSU to 500W
additonally, the PC is running 32-bit windows 10 Pro, but my Processor is X64 based I am thinking of upgrading the RAM to at lease 4GB (8GB if my MOBO agrees?) and then re-installing windwos 10 Pro X64. I understand that Windows 10 requires SSE2 EM64T and VT-x to run smoothly. Which I conform to.

Thanks guys.

Attached Files
.png   CPU.PNG (Size: 35.56 KB / Downloads: 41)
.png   MOBO.PNG (Size: 16.5 KB / Downloads: 41)
.png   Caches.PNG (Size: 15.57 KB / Downloads: 41)
.png   GPU.PNG (Size: 16.9 KB / Downloads: 42)
.png   RAM.PNG (Size: 17.32 KB / Downloads: 41)
.png   SPD.PNG (Size: 19.74 KB / Downloads: 41)
Remember! You should exercise complete CTRL and you ALT to think carefully before you DELete stuff willy nilly.

video VisionTek Radeon 4350 512MB DDR2 (DVI-I, HDMI, VGA) Graphics Card - 900270

yes you can upgrade the memory to 8GB

NEW! 8GB (2x4GB) DDR2-800MHz Desktop Memory PC2-6400 RAM
by Samsung

(01-25-2016, 12:25 PM)Compton Wrote:  video VisionTek Radeon 4350 512MB DDR2 (DVI-I, HDMI, VGA) Graphics Card - 900270

Thanks Compton, but that's a smaller card than what I already have! I have 1GB card already, what I was trying to find out is what is the biggest (in Mb) card my motherboard is capable of running?
Remember! You should exercise complete CTRL and you ALT to think carefully before you DELete stuff willy nilly.

Would either of these two cards run on the motherboard?

Card One

or this one?

Card Two

and if they are both compatible, which would be better?

The R7 370 is a better card.
R7 370 vs R7 240
Your motherboard will run that card.

I think the biggest concern I would have is your processor. Running the R7 with that core 2/ 2.33Ghz will bottleneck.
Tim's Computer Repair (TCR) 
1503 Kings Way, Savannah, GA 31406, US
912-220-0765
https://www.TimsComputerFix.net 

this biggest great video card that will work on your motherboard aton nVidia GeForce 9500GT 1 GB DDR2 VGA/DVI/HDTV PCI-Express Low Profile Video Card

I think the R7 370 vs R7 240 are too much for that motherboard and CPU

(01-25-2016, 02:17 PM)Timster Wrote:  The R7 370 is a better card.
R7 370 vs R7 240
Your motherboard will run that card.

I think the biggest concern I would have is your processor. Running the R7 with that core 2/ 2.33Ghz will bottleneck.

Thanks Timster, yeah, I was concerned about the processor, but hoped that I could get away with just ram and a new card. If I go down the whole changing the processor route, that means a new MB and in the end It would probably not be very cost effective.

(01-25-2016, 02:19 PM)Compton Wrote:  this biggest great video card that will work on your motherboard aton nVidia GeForce 9500GT 1 GB DDR2 VGA/DVI/HDTV PCI-Express Low Profile Video Card

I think the R7 370 vs R7 240 are too much for that motherboard and CPU

Thanks for your help Compton, but I think I will maybe build a new once from scratch, maybe I'll follow one of Brian's video's for a budget gaming pc.
It just seems such a shame to get rid of a working PC just because you can't play games on it... but hey, kids these days just don't like proper games like Pacman, Asteroids and Galaxia!!! Smile

(01-25-2016, 12:25 PM)Compton Wrote:  video VisionTek Radeon 4350 512MB DDR2 (DVI-I, HDMI, VGA) Graphics Card - 900270

Thanks Compton, but that's a smaller card than what I already have! I have 1GB card already, what I was trying to find out is what is the biggest (in Mb) card my motherboard is capable of running?