Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wifi and lan speed.
Good Day,

I have an Asus AC router that was just set up in an office. The server holds data that is shared across the network to the workstations via a switch.

2 workstations have to be connected via wireless to the lan network to access server files. The program they are using that accesses the data from the server times out due to connection.. This office just started utilizing a cloud backup. They are uploading approx. 100GB to the cloud at the present time.

My question: Would this upload affect the speed or connectivity of the 2 pc's that are on the wifi network to the lan?

The office was utilizing a service provider wireless router previous to the ASUS install with no issues on the 2 wifi pc's.

STUMPED HERE.

Thanks for your time and your help.

Mike

yes it will affect the speed of your internet

what is your upload and Download ?

(01-28-2016, 12:03 PM)Compton Wrote:  yes it will affect the speed your internet

what is your upload and Download ?

Good Day,

Yes, I am aware it will affect the speed of the internet but will it affect the speed/connection from the pcs that are on wifi to the lan network connecting to the server?

Thank you for your prompt reply, I appreciate it.

Mike

yes it will affect speed/connection from the pcs that are on wifi

if its on the same internet as cloud backup.

@Mike12

You're IT staff should be able to answer these questions for you, however, as Compton puts it Yes Speed and Connection can be affected.

Online backup / Cloud backup should however be done at a downtime to save from interfering with every day use.

If your staff are able to use things like that horrible BookFace (changed for copyright reasons, you gotta cover your arse on these things nowadays) playing games or watching videos etc, these can put a strain on things due to Latency.

But you should definitely check with your IT crew on this.

My net too slow also.. plz suggest me.. what i do..

Amit can you start a new thread for your question as it's different to OP, plus it can be considered hijacking.

Thanks.

thread closed