Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Add-AppxPackage : HRESULT: 0x80073CF6, Package could not be registered.
Sad 
Hello,

Firstly I don't know if this is the correct section please move or let me know if it is in the wrong section, thanks Smile

So I'm having this problem with a DLL file it only started occurring when i stopped using programs after time, I've deleted no system file. I was wondering if someone could help me with this issue.
I've looked up on youtube, articles how to fix this and tried almost all of them.

A simple task of opening CCleaner and this message pops up I have no clue how to fix it please help.

Picture of the error I'm receiving (Shown below)
if the pic doesn't work here the link to it; https://i.imgur.com/xZ0hXmX.png

[Image: xZ0hXmX.png]

It would be much appreciated if someone could help me with this issue I'm afraid I might have to reset to factory default if I can't get this issue working again.
None of my anti-virus  programs are working due to this. Could this be an issue with that GDI error or maybe malware...
Anti-virus: Bitdefender free edition/
Anti-Malware: HeardProtect
If you have a better antivirus/malware let me know Smile
Programs that aren't working:
Sticky notes other Microsoft applications (Don't know all of them)
I store a lot of passwords on sticky notes and this error is stopping me from opening it D:

Could someone please suggest me some options, I really can't lose this important information on my laptop.
Sadly I haven't back up my laptop in some time so I don't think I'll have every file not to mention every time I try to back up it doesn't work , it says please reconnect drive, i do that then it disconnects everytime making it hard for me to backup files could someone help me with this?

Sorry for writing so much about this issue it is just the fact that I might lose too much.
Thanks,  Heart

Melon.

I would try reinstallig CCleaner,and I would use Avast free antivirus as some of those other AV programs slow down the system,if you can't uninstall ccleaner and nothing else works, I would reset windows back to defaults, it will be a pain but once you have everything working I would back it the system.

go to command prompt as administrator and type sfc /scannow and let's see it it's helps

Hi Melon

Before you can think about repairing your computer, you need to make sure that your system is free from malware. It sounds to me like your computer is infected. Brian has made dozens of videos about this. Have a look at this:

Once you are sure your computer is clean then we can help with getting things fixed.
Remember! You should exercise complete CTRL and you ALT to think carefully before you DELete stuff willy nilly.

(01-28-2016, 08:33 AM)Gabe_G Wrote:  I would try reinstallig CCleaner,and I would use Avast free antivirus as some of those other AV programs slow down the system,if you can't uninstall ccleaner and nothing else works, I would reset windows back to defaults, it will be a pain but once you have everything working I would back it the system.

Hello, thanks for suggesting this, I was able to uninstall it and re-install it after doing that i still found i had the same issue with the GDI not found etc.
What else can I do?

(01-28-2016, 10:22 AM)f23948 Wrote:  go to command prompt as administrator and type sfc /scannow and let's see it it's helps

Thanks for suggesting this, just tried this command and this is the results of it, I'm not sure how to fix it so could you explain some steps what I can do to fix these certain issues?

Image:
[Image: vpA8jkj.png]

(01-28-2016, 07:55 PM)EAPTCB Wrote:  Hi Melon

Before you can think about repairing your computer, you need to make sure that your system is free from malware. It sounds to me like your computer is infected. Brian has made dozens of videos about this. Have a look at this:

Once you are sure your computer is clean then we can help with getting things fixed.

Thanks a bunch for this, I successfully removed a lot of hidden malware found on my laptop.
What would the next step of the process for fixing my issue?

Thanks for helping me out btw Smile

Melon, when it's completely all virus infected gone, go to command prompt and type Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth (you need connect to the internet) then restart computer and then try sfc /scannow hope it will fix corrupted files

(01-29-2016, 05:27 AM)f23948 Wrote:  Melon, when it's completely all virus infected gone, go to command prompt and type Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth (you need connect to the internet) then restart computer and then try sfc /scannow hope it will fix corrupted files

Thanks for the reply Smile
I did the first command and this error came up
Any idea how I can fix this?
( I haven't restarted and tried the sfc /scannow, yet)

[Image: VGcjtUr.png]

did you upgade from other version of Windows?

Have you tried uninstalling ccleaner, restart your computer then download and reinstall ccleaner?

https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

If a reinstall of ccleaner doesn't work then try downloading this zip file just make sure you choose the bit (32 or 64) then unzip the file and use 7zip to extract the file to the path specified in the error message after doing so restart your computer and see if you still have the same problem

https://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?gdiplus

@Melon

Since you found so much malware, you need to perform one more additional scan just to be sure your system is 100% clean BEFORE trying to run fixes, otherwise you could make matters worse. I recommend that you run a full system scan using ESET online scanner, you will need to download a small application for the scanner to run, make sure you select the option during install to look for 'PUPS' full instructions online.

You can run the online scan from here

When you have done running the scan, you can then follow this video to help repair Windows:

let me know if this works. We can try other ways too if need be.
Remember! You should exercise complete CTRL and you ALT to think carefully before you DELete stuff willy nilly.