Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Laptop Beeping sound at startup
Dear ladies & gentleman

I have a Hp Elitebook 8440p laptop and when I start it, HP welcome screen will come up and a beeping sound( for abour 4 seconds) will occur, it doesnt look like its causing any harm as the laptop works just fine, but it is annoying and would like to get rid of it. This is what I have done so far,but still no progress.

1. I switched it off, unlpug the mains and removed battery, press the power supply continously for abput 10 seconds, plug it again and same thing still happens.
2. Did step 1 and when I switched it on again, went into BIOS settings and restored all defaults, stilll nothing happens.

3. Went onto BIOS and uncheck "Alert sounds at boot", it was checked and made Hp Hard disk to be no.1( first priority) and Cd/dvd rom second priority, still the same problem persists.

4. Removed mains and battery and pressed start button( draining power) and removed RAm and plugged it again, the same problem persists.

5. Did a Ram and hard disk test in BIOS settings and it passed results were given.

6. Unplug the laptop, removed battery and unplug the keyboard and re plugged it again, still no progress.

Please help.

Abzozo

that beep is probably telling you that the power on selftest was successful

which is normal

(02-01-2016, 12:16 PM)Compton Wrote:  that beep is probably telling you that the power on selftest was successful

which is normal

Hi Compton

Thanks for your response. Is there a way to switch it off, as it is annoying?

check in your in your bios to see if you can disable power on selftest

No, there isn't something like that. There is "audio alerts on boot" I have unchecked that and when I restore defaults, it comes on checked. I'm not sure is it there one causing this noise or not.

Has the computer always beeped like this when you first power it on?
Tim's Computer Repair (TCR) 
1503 Kings Way, Savannah, GA 31406, US
912-220-0765
https://www.TimsComputerFix.net 

(02-01-2016, 01:19 PM)abzozo1 Wrote:  No, there isn't something like that. There is "audio alerts on boot" I have unchecked that and when I restore defaults, it comes on checked. I'm not sure is it there one causing this noise or not.

If you Uncheck it why are you then selecting Restore Defaults??? This will just set things back how they were.