Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BriteRecoveryConsole / Windows not starting
Thank you so very much for your support / reply. I don't think upgrading is an option for me at the present time. I do plan to in the near future, hopefully. I did download the files for Hiren's Boot CD, created the ISO, & burned it last night. There seems to be many nice tools on it, for someone that knows more what they're doing with it. However, the password unlock option on there did unlock my administrator password so that, now, I can actually get into "recovery console" by using my Windows XP CD...Yay! I did what you said. When I entered the "fixboot c:" command, it confirmed that "the new bootsector was successfully written". However, when I entered the "fixmbr c: command", it didn't show anything, so I don't think anything happened, there. When I initially got the blue screen, days ago, it first showed the "software" file error I mentioned in my first post. Then, after trying different things, it changed from that error to "could not load (or find) winload.exe". Now, the error showing is: "NTLDR is missing". What can I do? I thought of re-installing Windows XP....My hope is to get my computer operating correctly again. However, IF that's not possible, my "main" concern is losing important files on it (pictures, etc.) that are not backed up. I have no clue, whatsoever, how to back them up / save them first (if it comes to that). If I "re-install" Windows, will that delete my pictures, documents, & such? Thank you so much for your support.

UPDATE on previous reply: So...I researched on YouTube and found out how to copy the ntldr & ntdetect files (it was successful). Now...a new error : "Invalid Boot.ini file. Windows could not start because of error in software. Contact support person & report problem as: Load needed DLLs for kernel". Geez.......so frustrating....Back to researching it is, until I hear from you. Thank you.

Messages In This Thread
RE: BriteRecoveryConsole / Windows not starting - Miccyn - 02-17-2016, 03:44 PM