Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem downloading from Windows 10 store
HI guys,

I've been trying to download an app from the Windows 10 app store but I keep getting this error code:

.png   error code.PNG (Size: 6.19 KB / Downloads: 69)

I'm running Windows 10 pro X86 This is the first time (since a recent format) that i have tried to download any apps. Previously I had no trouble.

Here's what Ive tried already:

1. I've made sure I'm signed in with my Microsoft account.
2. I tried running the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter - it reported no problems.
3. I ran the Background Intelligent Transfer Service troubleshooter - it reported no problems.
4. Deleted the folders in C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution named 'DataStore' and 'Download' I had to do this in safe mode as they were locked. Rebooted but still no joy.

This is what I think is causing the problem

I downloaded one of those windows 10 privacy tools to stop Microsoft from spying and ran all the recommended settings. I remember reading the descriptions of all the fixes and don't remember one that said anything about not downloading apps from the Microsoft app store. Trouble is now, I forgot which ones I downloaded and used as I deleted them by mistake so I can't just undo what they did. (if in fact it's anything to do with that at all)

I can't think what else to do. I don't want to go down the whole resetting windows route just for this problem.

Can anyone suggest anything else?
Remember! You should exercise complete CTRL and you ALT to think carefully before you DELete stuff willy nilly.

Check Windows Update for a Store update (it actually came out on the 12 Feb).

it could be that you disable  Windows 10 app store service

you can set it back to default  

(02-18-2016, 07:18 PM)GuiltySpark Wrote:  Check Windows Update for a Store update (it actually came out on the 12 Feb).

Hi GS, My system is completely up to date no downloads available.

(02-18-2016, 07:32 PM)Compton Wrote:  it could be that you disable  Windows 10 app store service

you can set it back to default  

Hi Compton, downloaded the program, ran it but still no difference - I didn't actually see any service to do with Windows app store to be honest. I tried safe, tweaked, then back to normal, and tested after each change. Huh
Remember! You should exercise complete CTRL and you ALT to think carefully before you DELete stuff willy nilly.

What build version are you on?

(02-18-2016, 10:20 PM)GuiltySpark Wrote:  What build version are you on?

Version 1511 (OS Build 10586.104)

Try Tweaking software: https://www.tweaking.com/content/page/windows_repair_all_in_one.html before using it, did you test hard drive using seatools? did you check hard drive make sure if it's healthy using crystaldiskinfo?

Check hard drive if there is no errors, run sfc /scannow make sure if there is no corrupted system files, and then create a system restore point before repairing it.
[Image: yiNe1h9.png]

(02-19-2016, 01:43 AM)f23948 Wrote:  Try Tweaking software: https://www.tweaking.com/content/page/windows_repair_all_in_one.html before using it, did you test hard drive using seatools? did you check hard drive make sure if it's healthy using crystaldiskinfo?

Check hard drive if there is no errors, run sfc /scannow make sure if there is no corrupted system files, and then create a system restore point before repairing it.

I tried both those methods but the problem is still there.

@ f23948, my problem is not 'pending updates problem' I'm getting an error downloading apps. Second, my system is Windows 10, not Windows 8. This issue seems to be Windows 10 related. That video was hard to listen to and follow, so much background noise and author was not very accurate nor succinct in his execution.

0x80240024 when trying to download specific app

Method 2: Try repairing the store and check if it helps:
1. Press WinKEY + X or put the mouse in the lower left corner
2. Open the Command Prompt (Run as Administrator)
3. Type in WSReset.exe and hit enter.

Method 3:
Follow the below steps:
•Open Powershell as administrator
•Run the command
Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online