Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How can I edit or add a shortcut to all apps?
On my recent experience with the update 1151, a lot of file links seemed to get broken.

One of them was for a game I play, Blade & Soul.

I managed to create a new shortcut for the desktop that launches the game. But now I want to update the shortcut location in All apps in the start menu.

If I find the NCSoft folder in start menu, I open it and it has 2 shortcuts. One to launch the game and another to uninstall the game. The uninstall shortcut seems to be working. But the game launcher shortcut is pointing to no file location. Clicking the link it asks me to either delete the shortcut or fix it. If I select fix it, it will try and search to find a file of the same name, or it lets me manually select the file location. Both of these methods can launch the program correctly. But it never seems to save the location.

I've had this same issue on another windows 10 machine. It won't modify an existing shortcut. When I was trying to edit the firefox 32bit shortcut so it would point to firefox 64bit. But it wouldn't let me change the shortcut location. I think I ended up creating another shortcut and adding it to the menu.

So is there a way to maybe manually edit a shortcut in the start menu? or a sure fire way to add a new shortcut there?

It seems kinda odd that the start menu seems so locked down.

Ok, I found a good video.

If anyone else is having an issue go to the drive your windows is on, usually drive C: and go to the hidden directory ProgramData -> Microsoft -> Windows -> Start Menu -> Programs

In this area you'll be able to see all your applications for the All apps menu. I found I could add new shortcuts (I dragged one off the desktop) and also delete, rename other shortcuts too.