Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need help please
I'm trying to help a friend with her pc problem. This is what I know, the pc is an acer aspire. She recently upgraded to windows 10. Now it's asking for a pwrd, which she says does not exist. I looked on some forums and found others having this problem. I posted on the microsoft forum and the reply told me to use a usb drive to reset pwrd. My problem is when I insert usb in the acer pc it says it's not a pwrd reset usb ( I know that). When i insert it into one of my other computers it thinks i'm trying to reset the owrd for that computer, which i'm not. There is something I'm not getting, sorry. I'm a retired Cobol programmer so i'm not technophobic, but just don't get how to get around this. Please someone need help, thank you
Gerald.

It depends if its a Microsoft psswrd or a local account psswrd, if its local take a look at this:
http://www.howtogeek.com/222262/how-to-reset-your-forgotten-password-in-windows-10/

Hey GS thank you so much, I think you pretty much covered it, which is what I really needed. I'm more famillier with mainframes than pc's. I like Android better than Windows. As the problem is not with my pc, I think calling MS is the solution. I did learn a few things though which I like. Maybe she entered a pwd and just forgot about it. If all else still fails, do you know if it's possible to do a factory reset without being able to get at anything? Right now it doesn't even want to cold boot. I hold F2 on startup but it just beeps. I thought that worked on it before but now my brain is so confused I'm just frazzeled. Anyhow, thank you again,
Gerald.

No worries glad it's sorted Smile