Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Dumb BIOS Question
Ok,I am officially PISSED!I can't seem to access the BIOS at all now.The system boots perfectly but,when I try to hit DELETE or F2 to enter BIOS the only screen that comes up is the choose OS screen.

Also,using A!Suite3 to run EZFlash does the same thing as when I COULD access the BIOS.....that the environment doesn't need updating.
I have been told by ASUS support that resetting CMOS will fix the problem....I also get tired of CS agents that can't speak English because you're not sure if you are hearing them correctly.

And NO the e-mails aren't any better.

I have also been told by the SAME ppl 2 different versions of the SAME info.
One said NOT to remove CMOS battery and just cross the jumper and the other said REMOVE battery and wait 20 minutes.

Whether or not I WILL update the BIOS isn't the issue....being able to access System settings is.

What is this forums views on CMOS battery removal or lack thereof to possibly fix this problem?

As always I apologize for all the stupid inquiries....I have no other frame of reference.

I always remove the battery, move the jumper, wait several seconds, move the jumper back then replace the battery.

Question: Just out of curiosity have you flashed your BIOS since your previous threads you posted here? What, if anything has been done since those posts to where you now can no longer access your BIOS?
Tim's Computer Repair (TCR) 
1503 Kings Way, Savannah, GA 31406, US
912-220-0765
https://www.TimsComputerFix.net 

what is your laptop model number and manufacturer

bios version number   how to get system information using Belarc Advisor - Free Personal PC Audit

Timster has the right idea, but in my experience it takes about 15 minutes for the BIOS to reset. I've done it Timster's way and it seemed to never work for me.

Compton: Um....I have an Alienware Area-51 Full Tower P2 case with:

ASUS H170 Pro Gaming
i5 6600
Evga GTX 960 SSC 4GB w\Backplate
16GB(2x8)GSkill V Series DDR4
SoundBlaster Audigy FX
Asestek Watercooler
LG DVD(M-Disk)

BIOS version is 0303 dated 8\25\15

Timster:I waited for the 18th and then tried the EZFlash w\no joy.The system will NOT go into BIOS at all(just the choose OS screen) and I have done nothing different except AFTER the NO BIOS issue I installed the newest version of AISuite3 which works a lot better.The System Information screen still says that the keyboard and mouse drivers are not completely installed or are missing which is ridiculous since DXDIAG says there are no conflicts and no problems.It does NOT name the mouse as Sidewinder X5 and it DOES say that the keyboard is the Reclusa.

The computer boots normally and everything works unless I try to access BIOS.Then sooner or later that "No keyboard detected" comes up. Hope this info helps.Thank you for your time edit: Timster I tried to update with EZ Update NOT EZFlash...whew....that was a closey.

(03-20-2016, 10:58 PM)PerusTC Wrote:  Timster:I waited for the 18th and then tried the EZFlash w\no joy.The system will NOT go into BIOS at all(just the choose OS screen)

Before this point of action you where able to get into BIOS. Now after you "tried ez/flash" now you can't get into BIOS. Why are you trying to fix BIOS that is not broken (I ask again)? Not trying to beat a man that is down but I go back to your first post in this forum.... why even mess with something that was not giving you problems.
912-220-0765

Uh.....I thought I had said something about a "No keyboard detected" issue.Also at the time I was not aware that you could turn off the damn idiot lights (LED's) from AISuite3.I was also under the impression from the past experience with the P5N-D that Flashing the BIOS wasn't a big deal since I had not had any problems using ASUS EZ Update for the last 7 years.

I am guessing by the responses that things have changed as they tend to do with electronics and it is now NOT a good idea to mess with un-bricked MB's.Being who I am I tend to obsess over details and it just bugs me that the "No keyboard detected" issue exists.

Since I NOW know that you can control fans and such through AISuite3 I will defer to your suggestion if you think the Keyboard garbage 'aint NO BIG DEAL!

I hope I have been more clear and thank you for the help.Doing this crap for free is very nice of you ppl.

well updating bios is pretty easy if you take your time follow step by step

with that being said you should only update your bios if necessary

if bios is not detecting your keyboard it could be a keyboard problem

I would try a difference keyboard

you can also clear your bios by removing bios battery or bios jumper

If I am not mistaken I see that your motherboard has a ps2 port for mouse/keyboard/ Try plugging in a ps2 keyboard and see if you can get into your BIOS.
912-220-0765

(03-21-2016, 03:52 AM)Timster Wrote:  If I am not mistaken I see that your motherboard has a ps2 port for mouse/keyboard/ Try plugging in a ps2 keyboard and see if you can get into your BIOS.

I tried that....the PS2 port is the new dual Mouse\Keyboard purple and green combo port.I tried a USB to PS2 adapter and the port either isn't set up or is defective in design.OR my adapter is a POS!I have an old Mitsumi PS2 keyboard I could try if the port works.For some reason the adapter won't seat all the way into the port and as a result it didn't even have power to the Reclusa w\ the adapter.Will give it a shot w\ the old one at some point and let you know.

edit:Is it possible to have BOTH keyboards hooked up at the same time or just the one or the other?