Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
After installing Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, my hard drive won't boot windows.
(03-31-2016, 11:23 AM)Compton Wrote:  ifrst off I hope you did not lose any important data do you have assess to a next computer do you have a flash drive you had windows 10 install what edition?
with that being said, you probably had to format the hard drive because Ubuntu really did a number on your system that why it's important to make a system image you can restore from

Yes, I do still have that USB. But, where do I go to restore my hard disk?

ok lets me be clear you have flash drive with windows 10 installation on it or just the flash drive

(03-31-2016, 12:49 PM)Compton Wrote:  ok lets me be clear you have flash drive with windows 10 installation on it or just the flash drive

Flash with Windows 10

Union97 start a new thread installing windows 10

(03-31-2016, 01:31 PM)Compton Wrote:  Union97 start a new thread  installing windows 10

I managed to restore most of my files and get Windows back up and running again. Nice advice with the fresh install, by the way. I just want to formally thank you for the time you spent helping/guiding me. I wrote on three different forums (askubuntu, microsoft community, and this one), but you are the only one who not only took the time to respond to my post, but also who stuck around to see if I was doing alright.

I hope in the far future that if something happens to my PC again and I couldn't fix it myself, that someone like you on this forum will help me just as you have, and I will do the same if I gain enough computer knowledge to help someone else.

I cannot thank you enough, but have another thank you anyway.

glad you everything working Smile