Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting an Error message 0X80004005
(04-10-2016, 12:27 PM)GuiltySpark Wrote:  IDM would be 'Internet Download Manager'.

Also stay the hell away from System Mechanic and other Reg cleaning products they will destroy your system (if they haven't already).

Really? I have been using system mechanic and wise 365 for quite a while without any problems. What is the problem with them?

Where do I find the IDM is it part of windows 10? I am using chrome for my browser.

you should see the "Internet Download Manager" in the list of your installed applications in the control panel

Open up the control panel and select 'Programs and Features'

Once there, you should see the 'Internet Download Manager' as an installed program. Uninstall it from there

(04-10-2016, 01:49 PM)Partha Wrote:  you should see the "Internet Download Manager" in the list of your installed applications in the control panel

Once there, you should see the 'Internet Download Manager' as an installed program. Uninstall it from there

I looked yesterday and do not have anything named IDM. I do have a program called "Downloader" is that it?

(04-10-2016, 02:29 PM)The Skeptic Wrote:  
(04-10-2016, 01:49 PM)Partha Wrote:  you should see the "Internet Download Manager" in the list of your installed applications in the control panel

I looked yesterday and do not have anything named IDM. I do have a program called "Downloader" is that it?

Please upload a screenshot of the installed applications

(04-10-2016, 03:15 PM)Partha Wrote:  

I can't really do that. What program are you looking for?

(04-10-2016, 03:49 PM)The Skeptic Wrote:  

It should show up as Internet Download Manager but if you don't see it there, the program might not have installed properly or there may be some other problems

Try this. Download and then install Revo Uninstaller Pro from the following link https://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

It would be a trial version. Once installed, open it and click Forced Uninstall from the menu bar at the top and this will bring up a window..

type the program's exact name in the text box ( check the attached screenshot ) which would be Internet Download Manager; select the scanning mode as  Advanced and click Next

Let it scan for the leftovers and after it is done scanning, the leftovers of IDM should be displayed if it's able to find any. Select all the leftovers and click delete

If it asks you to reboot your pc, do that and let me know the results..

I would also like you to install a program called CCleaner and run the cleaner right after this ( the option with the logo of a broom should be highlighted) .. Do not use the registry cleaner

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(04-10-2016, 04:03 PM)Partha Wrote:  
(04-10-2016, 03:49 PM)The Skeptic Wrote:  

May I know why you can't take a screenshot of the installed programs..? you were able to upload a screenshot earlier

Nevertheless, it should be called Internet Download Manager but if you don't see it, the program might not have installed properly

Try this. Download and then install Revo Uninstaller Pro from the following link https://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

It would be a trial version. Once installed, open it and click Forced Uninstall from the menu bar at the top and this will bring up a window..

type the program's exact name in the text box which would be Internet Download Manager; select the scanning mode as  Advanced and click Next

Make sure that you type the exact name.. check the attached screenshot

Let it scan for the leftovers and after it is done scanning, the leftovers of IDM should be displayed if it's able to find any. Select all the leftovers and click delete

If it asks you to reboot your pc, do that and let me know the results..

I would also like you to install a program called CCleaner and run the cleaner right after this ( the option with the logo of a broom should be highlighted) .. Do not use the registry cleaner

I have not done a screenshot, here or anywhere else, as I don't really know how to do it.

Where ever I try the print is so small I can't read it.

I will follow you suggestions and thank you for your help.

I am sorry.. I just realized that the screenshot I was referring to, was posted by someone else on another thread and that was regarding a different issue

anyways, please follow my instructions and let me know the results

(04-10-2016, 04:30 PM)Partha Wrote:  I am sorry.. I just realized that the screenshot I was referring to, was posted by someone else on another thread and that was regarding a different issue

That worked to get Max Payne 3 off. I will try the other issue later/tomorrow.

Thank you for your help.

(04-10-2016, 08:00 PM)The Skeptic Wrote:  
(04-10-2016, 04:30 PM)Partha Wrote:  I am sorry.. I just realized that the screenshot I was referring to, was posted by someone else on another thread and that was regarding a different issue

That worked to get Max Payne 3 off. I will try the other issue later/tomorrow.

Thank you for your help.

You are welcome