Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ASUS Warranty info
I just spoke with an ASUS support agent that told me that if flashing the BIOS on an ASUS covered MB BRICKS the board that it is still covered by the warranty.Does anyone else have the same info?

Yes, most if not all motherboard manufacturers will not cover if you flash your Bios and it be come brick

(04-09-2016, 09:15 PM)Compton Wrote:  Yes, most if not all motherboard manufacturers will not cover if you flash your Bios and it be come brick

I just got an e-mail from ASUS and they said that they DO cover their BIOS updates.I would have to send the board in naturally but....they DO cover it.They said they would replace the BIOS chip and install newest updates....I think that is very honorable of a tech company.Assuming they actually do what they promised of course.

very interesting if only we could test it lol

(04-11-2016, 09:34 PM)Compton Wrote:  very interesting if only we could test it lol

I hope I don't HAVE to test it but,trust me I will if I have to.In 20 years of owning ASUS hardware I have never had a big problem with the company yet.I DID get a POS video card once but,they took care of it.

(04-11-2016, 10:37 PM)PerusTC Wrote:  
(04-11-2016, 09:34 PM)Compton Wrote:  very interesting if only we could test it lol

I hope I don't HAVE to test it but,trust me I will if I have to.In 20 years of owning ASUS hardware I have never had a big problem with the company yet.I DID get a POS video card once but,they took care of it.

Just to update everyone who MIGHT be interested...I have spent the better part of a week doing battle with various ASUS reps.I JUST logged off Live Chat and ASUS's official position on flashing BIOS on MY H170 Pro Gaming is.....you DO NOT have to load each individual version but,CAN and SHOULD update to the NEWEST version available.Per "Arnold K"(yeah,right) "Rest assured that you will not have any issues updating to the newest BIOS version."Straight from the horses mouth.So,anything comes up and I will let you all know.