Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
High disk usage
Question 
After i hit the desktop my disk usage is pretty high which is normal because its still loading apps and other stuff windows needs to be ready but after a couple minutes my disk usage pops back to 100% usage and it does it while the computer is at an idle

.jpg   20160419_004946 (500x281).jpg (Size: 131.45 KB / Downloads: 161)

Hello,

Please see the below link to fix the high disk space usage issue.

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/4-tips-fix-100-disk-usage-improve-windows-performance/

(04-20-2016, 03:55 PM)smirk24 Wrote:  After i hit the desktop my disk usage is pretty high which is normal because its still loading apps and other stuff windows needs to be ready but after a couple minutes my disk usage pops back to 100% usage and it does it while the computer is at an idle

Please upload a screenshot that shows all the programs installed on your desktop.. you can directly navigate to the following path and take the screenshot

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features

In the meanwhile, please check your primary disk for errors.. I would like you to use the chkdsk c: /r  command in an elevated  command prompt

chkdsk /r covers what chkdsk /f does and plus more, and so you don't have to run chkdsk c: /f ( I am assuming c is your primary hard disk but if it's not, use the chkdsk command for the appropriate disk )

you would be asked to schedule the process the next time the computer restarts.. type y for yes and let the scan take its time when it restarts

Like I've specified on another thread, it can take hours for this operation to complete and the progress may seem to be stuck at a certain percentage

It's therefore better if you leave it overnight

These windows sevices seem to be a big part of the problem when you have high disk usage but other than windows search just doesn't feel right.

What should i do?

Windows search- search for files,apps,folders etc

Superfetch-improves performance overtime but anything other than 0 and 3 seems to make the hd thrash around

Background intelligence transfer service- if this is disbled
windows updates wont work.

Specs done by lookinmypc

.txt   Specs.txt (Size: 72.32 KB / Downloads: 4)

Farbar recovery scanner

.txt   Addition.txt (Size: 24.21 KB / Downloads: 0)

.txt   FRST.txt (Size: 176.04 KB / Downloads: 1)

preform a clean boot then check to see your Disk usage

also run  sfc /scannow

perform a clean boot:

chkdsk and sfc found errors

.txt   CHKDSK.txt (Size: 2.3 KB / Downloads: 2)

.txt   CBS.txt (Size: 152.2 KB / Downloads: 4)

did you preform a clean boot? how is the disk usage

Yeah still the same thing

one command prompt as Admin

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth