Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need help with USB port
HELP ! Do you know where you put in your cables eg keyboard in your pc  well mine is broke it has moved its self to to the right and its really wobbly and unstable It has been pushed down and moved it's self to the right.

Is it PS/2 or a USB port?

(04-24-2016, 02:38 PM)GuiltySpark Wrote:  Is it PS/2 or a USB port?

USB port

How many ports does your computer have? Are they all damaged?

(04-24-2016, 03:01 PM)GuiltySpark Wrote:  How many ports does your computer have? Are they all damaged?

there not all damaged i got it on christmas from a family member and im not too sure how many parts i have is there a way to check ?

You just look on the front and back of the tower for USB ports.

(04-24-2016, 03:08 PM)GuiltySpark Wrote:  You just look on the front and back of the tower for USB ports.

3 on the top and on the back ( if your including HDMI port ect. ) 4 - 7

No just USB ports. HDMI is completely different.

Can you not use one of those other ports?

Otherwise in order to see and fix the faulty / wobbly USB port would mean stripping down the computer to get to the MOBO.
If you've never done that, you would need help from someone who knows what they're doing due to ESD.

(04-24-2016, 03:14 PM)GuiltySpark Wrote:  No just USB ports. HDMI is completely different.

Can you not use one of those other ports?

Otherwise in order to see and fix the faulty / wobbly USB port would mean stripping down the computer to get to the MOBO.
If you've never done that, you would need help from someone who knows what they're doing due to ESD.

I guess i'll have to do that untill my brother can fix it is the blue USB port ok to use ?

Blue would be USB 3.0 its used for high data transfer rates, it is backwards compatible (at least it should be) so if the USB keyboard cable fits then it should work fine. If it doesn't slide in easily don't force it as you can break the port.