Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Malware Encryption
I had customer email me and he states that malware encrypted all his files with a .lucuuyk extension, I have looked everywhere to find what sort of ransomware may have done this but I can't find anything regarding this type of encryption. This is the email that a potential client sent me :

"Hi Gary,

I had a problem with a virus attack which has locked up a large number of files by adding the above extension to the file name. This means the file can no longer be opened. I worked with Symantec (Norton) to get the virus removed but this doesn’t unlock the affected files.

I do have a backup but it is up to 12 months behind the contamination event. Are you able to open up files which have the above added to them? (i.e. have a program that can reverse the lucuuyk encryption?

I will attach one file with the extension for you to look at.

Look forward to your reply in due course.

Richard Munro"

Any knowledge and help of this type of encryption would be appreciated.

(04-26-2016, 12:09 AM)Gary Wrote:  I had customer email me and he states that malware encrypted all his files with a .lucuuyk extension, I have looked everywhere to find what sort of ransomware may have done this but I can't find anything regarding this type of encryption. This is the email that a potential client sent me :

"Hi Gary,

I had a problem with a virus attack which has locked up a large number of files by adding the above extension to the file name. This means the file can no longer be opened. I worked with Symantec (Norton) to get the virus removed but this doesn’t unlock the affected files.

I do have a backup but it is up to 12 months behind the contamination event. Are you able to open up files which have the above added to them? (i.e. have a program that can reverse the lucuuyk encryption?

Richard Munro"

Hey Gary this encription sounds strange tell him if theres a ransom fee DO NOT pay it and tell him to install a very strong tool called rouge killer : https://www.adlice.com/software/roguekiller/ this should as it picks up lots of things when i had a virus it installed lots of Chinese stuff and said free winds upgrade!! It removed all of that and I hope this program works.

(04-26-2016, 12:09 AM)Gary Wrote:  I had customer email me and he states that malware encrypted all his files with a .lucuuyk extension, I have looked everywhere to find what sort of ransomware may have done this but I can't find anything regarding this type of encryption. This is the email that a potential client sent me :

"Hi Gary,

Richard Munro"

Hello Gary I have some more information on this ransomware ! here is a video link it also includes how to uninstall ! :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMdcJWRN23o

(04-26-2016, 05:36 AM)TemmieFlakes1 Wrote:  

"Hi Gary,

Richard Munro"

Hey Gary this encription sounds strange tell him if theres a ransom fee DO NOT pay it and tell him to install a very strong tool called rouge killer : https://www.adlice.com/software/roguekiller/ this should as it picks up lots of things when i had a virus it installed lots of Chinese stuff and said free winds upgrade!! It removed all of that and I hope this program works.

"Hi Gary,

Richard Munro"

Hello Gary I have some more information on this ransomware ! here is a video link it also includes how to uninstall ! :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMdcJWRN23o

Hi TemmieFlakes1

I appreciate your efforts sir but the information you have provided is of no use, the malware has already been removed,with only encrypted personal data remaining - I was just asking if anyone has came across this type of ransomware encryption yet. I presume the only way to get back data would be either system restore or shadows copies, as long as the inflicting malware has not removed them aswell.

system restores or shadows don't always work getting his data are pretty much 0 to note its very important to make a system image and backup your data