Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chromium
Just wondering I was browsing for virus files and I saw a file called " Chromium " I looked it up and everybody says it's a virus is this true.

Thanks.

Chromium is safe malware can claim to be a program when it's not you should be very careful I don't know

why you are searching virus files, but if you are doing malware testing you should be doing it on a virtual system

I don't now why you were looking at virus files either innless you are wanting to test your antivirus program. If that is the case I was reading a article the other day and it was talking about testing your antivirus program and it even gave a file to download to test your antivirus program. It is not an actual virus but a file that your antivirus program detects as a virus.
WannaBeGeek

Well I say " virus files " I was looking for junk to get rid of cause i have 2.86 gb on my C: drive and saw Crhomium I looked it up on YouTube and it said Malware?

(04-30-2016, 03:14 AM)Compton Wrote:  Chromium is safe malware can claim to be a program when it's not you should be very careful I don't know

why you are searching virus files, but if you are doing malware testing you should be doing it on a virtual system

No not on the internet on my pc I was looking for junk to remove and say Chromium and people are saying it's a malware

(04-30-2016, 05:22 AM)Double clutch Wrote:  I don't now why you were looking at virus files either innless you are wanting to test your antivirus program. If that is the case I was reading a article the other day and it was talking about testing your antivirus program and it even gave a file to download to test your antivirus program. It is not an actual virus but a file that your antivirus program detects as a virus.

No not on the internet on my pc I was looking for junk to remove and say Chromium and people are saying it's a malware

thread closed I have remove the tow previous post because when I did go to the website it was block by malwarebytes

and like GS said the website looks like spam