Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RollBack Rx
HI
I am duel booting windows 7 and a Linux Dirsrto.

Doing so gives me a menu and start up to go into Windows orLinux.

After installing Rollback the software changed my master boot record.

I now get the rollback splashscreen at boot up when its finished it goes right into windows 7 no option for Linux.

Rollback seems like a good program but I uninstalled it because of this.

Is there a work around ?

Wrangler

Please check the link below
https://support.horizondatasys.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/5/3/can-i-install-rollback-rx-on-a-multi-boot-system-configuration

OK Thank You Partha

What I understood from the link you game me yes it can be used on a multi boot system as long as both operating systems are windows.

It Can,t  be used with windows / Linux multi boot system.

Ty for your reply

Wrangler

(05-10-2016, 07:11 PM)wrangler Wrote:  OK Thank You Partha

What I understood from the link you game me yes it can be used on a multi boot system as long as both operating systems are windows.

Ty for your reply

Wrangler

you are welcome and yes, it is not compatible with Linux..

As far as I know, we can directly load Linux from a Linux bootable disk like a flash drive or a DVD, without installing it.. Maybe that's something you can try if you intend to use both Windows and Linux

P.S. Make sure you remove both the Linux installation and Rollback Rx so that the MBR reverts to its original state and then reinstall Rollback Rx

(05-11-2016, 09:49 AM)Partha Wrote:  
(05-10-2016, 07:11 PM)wrangler Wrote:  OK Thank You Partha

Ty for your reply

Wrangler

you are welcome and yes, it is not compatible with Linux..

As far as I know, we can directly load Linux from a Linux bootable disk like a flash drive or a DVD, without installing it.. Maybe that's something you can try if you intend to use both Windows and Linux

P.S. Make sure you remove both the Linux installation and Rollback Rx so that the MBR reverts to its original state and then reinstall Rollback Rx

Yes I have run different distributions from flash drives using the live environment.
I Usually partition and install a version that I like.

I'll just leave things as they are duel booting not installing Rollback Rx

Thank You for your replies

Wrangler

Okay.. you're welcome