Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adjust Brightness Not Working
HI

I am running windows 10 on my acer laptop with no problems except for one.

When I try to adjust my screen brightness by holding down Fn key and using arrow keys the brightness icon appears
on the screen and the slider moves put the screen brightness doesn't change.

I have tried several suggestions some in device manager display adapter driver update some registry
suggestions and in power management, but nothing has worked.

I know its not my laptop because when I have duel booted into Linux It works.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Wrangler

Sounds like a driver issue. Have you checked the manufacturers website to be sure new Windows 10 drivers are installed?
Tim's Computer Repair (TCR) 
1503 Kings Way, Savannah, GA 31406, US
912-220-0765
https://www.TimsComputerFix.net 

I would like you to check if 'Generic PnP monitor' is enabled   under Monitors in the Device Manager. If it's not, right click and enable it and if it is already enabled, disable the pnp monitor and then re-enable it

If it still doesn't work, right click the pnp monitor, select uninstall and once it's uninstalled, from the top menu, select 'Action' and click "Scan for hardware changes" as you can see below

(05-12-2016, 02:35 AM)Timster Wrote:  Sounds like a driver issue. Have you checked the manufacturers website to be sure new Windows 10 drivers are installed?
Hi

My laptop is an acer aspire 6920 built in 2008, I did go to their website the drivers they had for mine did not work.
The drivers that came up were all for vista or windows 7. I tried the windows 7 drivers but it did not work.

Also I tried partha suggestions and nothing worked.

When I press Fn and use the arrows an icon appears on my desktop and the slider goes up and down the the brightness
remains the same.

It works fine in Linux.

Thank You for your replies

Wrangler

ya Its a driver problem it would be best if you go back to windows 7

because of the age of laptop you would have problems with drivers

HI

OK... Well I'll keep windows 10 since this is the only issue.

I had Vista on the laptop before and got to install windows 10 by becoming a windows insider.

Thank You all for your help.

Wrangler

wrangler in the future please turn off Bold thank you

solved thread closed