Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wordpress
do i need own server for making own website on wordpress?

maybe you don't need own server or host for wordpress

(05-20-2016, 10:15 PM)Jon Gilbert Wrote:  do i need own server for making own website on wordpress?

I guess if you choose their free plan, they will host your site but if you opt for a premium plan, you would either have to install WordPress on your own server or choose from their recommended web servers

Installing WordPress locally is usually meant for the purpose of development. Please refer the articles at the following links for more details
https://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress, https://codex.wordpress.org/Hosting_WordPress

Thank you Partha

(05-21-2016, 04:29 PM)Jon Gilbert Wrote:  Thank you Partha

You're welcome

(05-20-2016, 10:15 PM)Jon Gilbert Wrote:  do i need own server for making own website on wordpress?

Jon:

You really do NOT need your own server to have wordpress, as you can have a setup where you have it online. However, you CAN put a server up like I did for Buddy-Baker.us, Install either Linux or Windows with IIS, download Wordpress and the install it that way, or you can get a copy of XAMPP, which has everything you need to host a website by using your PC as the host. You then install wordpress, and you are off, because the xampp program has the apache 2 server, the phpmyadmin and everything you need to host the site.

Because of what I do, I could NOT use IIS - so I used debian and installed the services I needed. I then downloaded wordpress (current version) and then installed apache and wordpress.

If you would like more information about installing wordpress, you can go to wordpress.com, or wordpress.org for for the free online hosting.

Have a Great Day!!

Brian
Brian S. Baker
Linux Enthusiast /Computer Consultant At Large/ "The Wizkid"
System Admin: buddy-baker.us
buddy-baker.us