Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Protocol missing
If I may get some help in figuring out this!

I wanted to have my laptop as a hot spot while I'm at work, as I was only connected to enthrenet cable.

I followed the steps of this website personal video on youtube " How to turn on your Windows 10 laptop into a WiFi hotspot" and thia actually wokred perfectly.

Yet, when I got home and tried accessing the Internet I couldn't.  
The wifi is connected yet no Internet access and whenever I try opening a website a message appears that the server's DNS address can not be found.
While trying to fix the problem a message appeared that one or more protocols are missing.

Please if any solutions can be provided.

Thank you in advance.

Try rebooting your home router, then add to DNS 8.8.8.8 8.8.4.4 that's google's internet dns access

(05-23-2016, 12:52 AM)Kevin_Adair Wrote:  Try rebooting your home router, then add to DNS 8.8.8.8  8.8.4.4  that's google's internet dns access

It is not about the router, I changed somethings in the command prompt and now it is not connecting to any wifi not only my home router.

Thank you,

Try running Net Adapter Repair AIO
Tim's Computer Repair (TCR) 
1503 Kings Way, Savannah, GA 31406, US
912-220-0765
https://www.TimsComputerFix.net 

so let's get this clear

when you are at work which don't have router just a modem it's working but after work when you are at home
which have a router?

I am also guessing when you are at home plugin Ethernet cable ?

its would give a Dns error the problem is with the router computer and modem

what is happening remember now the router and modem  work together to send out a WiFi signal  

when you  plugin the Ethernet with  hot spot on in windows 10 its would then take that some signal from the router and modem  

creating a hot spot what would then happen the laptop get Confused confused with DNS

I would turn off hotspot when you are at home Smile