Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cortana doesn't seem to be working.
I was looking over my dads laptop the other day to do something with a printer and noticed the search bar on windows wasnt working. The start menu works.

So I went to find cortana in the task manager and it wasn't there. I have made sure the region and language are selected.

Is there any way to check if cortana is even on the system? All he's done is take the usual win10 updates, and this has happened. I'm sure it used to work at some point.

Any suggestions?

it happens to me too, personally i really don't like windows 10

Here is a possible work around. create another user account, see if that works. Or maybe she is hidden right click the task bar and find Cortana see if hidden is checked. If she was hidden and then somehow the task Cortana was stopped in task manager,Cortana would not show up in task manager. Or check to see if her file got deleted. Go to file explorer double click my pc Double click local disk find the windows file double click go to system apps double click see if Cortana file is there if not she might have got deleted.
WannaBeGeek

did you watch britec video on how to fix it the Cortana lady is bit shy on talking  LOL

just kidding don't mean anything by its good to have a  Big Grin  every day makes you feel great Smile

I thought I'd reply to the thread.. the solutions in the video worked. I did them all and after I did the second sfc /scannow command (after doing the /restorehealth ) I rebooted and now the start menu (which had stopped working since I posted) and the cortana search window are now working again! Good video!

glad you got it working